Humor in Science and Theology

Answer: 11/19/1999 is the last day with all odd numbers until 1/1/3111

2 Likes

And I spent around 30 minutes reading “Today in history” websites because I fully expected a comet or an asteroid

1 Like

A neuroscientist about free will:
I´m not a Fatalist, but even if I were, what could I do about it?

6 Likes

Reminds me of the old joke about the Calvinist who falls down the stairs. He gets up, rubs his head, and says, “Well, I’m glad I got that over with!”

3 Likes

Or the joke the Babylon Bee had a while back about Calvinist Health Insurance, where everything is a preexisting condition.

7 Likes

omgosh that’s hilarious!

This could lead to the death of discussion forums everywhere if it catches on.

8 Likes

Bertrand Russell is a goldmine in regards to hilarious quotes:

I once received a letter from an eminent logician, Mrs. Christine Ladd-Franklin, saying that she was a solipsist, and was surprised that there were no others. Coming from a logician, this surprised me.

and

Nietzsche’s superman is very like Siegfried, except that he knows Greek. This may seem odd, but that is not my fault .

2 Likes

Tomorrow’s (ungraded) in-class timely clicker quiz for my Honors class on the Evolution of Physics

4 Likes

E? Not a patriot fan either to get my 11 letters.

1 Like

The devil appeared to a prominent politician and said, “I’ll hand you the next election if you’ll sell me your soul.”

“Okay,” the politician replied. “But what’s the catch?”

9 Likes

The Gregorian Calendar

10 Likes

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5e/23/93/5e23938b01f90a79eb73c3e69f446d64--computer-engineering-computer-science.jpg![funny|391x500](upload://rd1neGHn5Vm8drRlJ6ffySy0NSD.jpeg)

8 Likes

An 80 year old, very nice lady presents to her new physician’s office because she has moved to a new town. On reviewing her medications, the doctor exclaims, “This can’t be right. Are you really taking birth control?”

The lady responds quickly, “Oh, Doctor, please don’t take those pills from me. Those are very important. They help me sleep.”

Her new doctor, incredulous, questions her further: “But what can you be using these for at your age?”

“Well, you see, my 15 year old granddaughter lives with me. I just grind them up, put one in her drink every night, and then I can sleep!”

6 Likes

3 Likes

There once was a man who took everything in the Bible very literally. Every day, he would open his Bible randomly and plunk his finger down. The verse his finger landed on would be his daily inspiration, direct from God!

One day, he was doing his usual routine with the Bible, and his finger lands on Matthew 27:5, where Judas goes out and hangs himself.

So the guy is worried. This can’t be right! He decides to try again. The second verse he finds is, “Go and do likewise.”

So now he’s in a panic and decides to give it just one more try. The verse he finds is, “What thou doest, do quickly.”

6 Likes

I’ve been missing Far Side…

2 Likes

Makes you wonder if the folks with cold coffee are in Limbo, just outside of Hell. I’ve been reading a series reviewing Dante’s Inferno, which has been interesting:

1 Like

“My point here is that we all have our Limbo situations, border cases that seem to fall through the cracks of our soteriological systems.”.–good piece by Richard Beck. Thanks.

Man, I remember reading Dante’s Inferno. That was some gruesome and downright weird stuff!

Cold coffee and only the stale glazed donuts left. Sounds about right.

1 Like