Humor in Science and Theology

Here’s a great option for your next party:

xkcd: Cursed mRNA Cocktail

6 Likes

6 Likes

In the beginning there was nothing, then God said, “ Let there be light” And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a lot better.

6 Likes

1 Like

Mark, another review from one of my family members, my sister in fact:

I started reading just before I left the office. I had to leave the office before I finished it because I was laughing so hard I couldn’t be quiet. Literally, LOL . So funny! So real!

You need to understand that my sister is obsessively dedicated to her job. You wield incredible power to actually force her out of her office laughing.

Good job!

2 Likes

I have been told that after seeing part of the original Little Mermaid, I asked my parents “Do sharks eat mermaids, or do mermaids eat sharks.”

I do wonder somewhat just what the internal anatomy of something like them would be. Whether more like fish, marine reptiles, sirenians, or whales.

2 Likes

What Your Favorite Book Of The Bible Says About You | Babylon Bee

I end up as “Teacher’s Pet.” I like the comments on Revelation and Genesis.

2 Likes

“Oh no! …” XD

Mine wasn’t listed!
Ecclesiastes: You enjoy the Goth esthetic and mosh pits! Wait! No! Impossible!: you see a spiritual purpose for reading and processing postmodern theory.

4 Likes

I’m sure the information you seek would be in some wonderful medieval bestiary.

2 Likes

@beaglelady, that’s a super idea.
@Paraleptopecten, here is one bestiary from the early 13th century for you to start with:

Best of luck on your quest.

A supermarket tabloid might be a good source also.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s great! You must hear me chuckling at my computer all the way over there!

Recently the first draft of the Book of Genesis was discovered. It begins:

“In the beginning the world was without form, and void. And God said, ‘Let there be light.’ And God separated the light from the dark. And did two loads of laundry.”

3 Likes

10 Likes

Need to buy another clue.

2 Likes

Please see

2 Kings 2:23-25
(Elisha is a prophet)

2 Likes

Hoooorrible story esp for those of us losing our hair like me

1 Like

The pastor at the church where my parents were going when they were married titled his sermon on it “Baldilocks and the Two Bears”.

7 Likes

My morning here at school was off to a chuckling start when I overheard one of a group of kindergarten boys trooping past me in the hallway excited exclaim to his friend: He’s a tomato head! (I’m a thoroughly bald guy.) I was too busy being amused walking the other way - but just as a matter of respectful training, I guess I should have stopped and informed him: “That’s Mr. tomato head to you!”

3 Likes