Humor in Science and Theology

Apparently the burst pressure is somewhere around 200 PSI but can be higher or lower depending on the type. There are also a handful of YouTube videos of people trying to explode tires where some got pretty high as I just learned. I’m not linking to any because the ones I saw have some colorful language but you can check them out with headphones on at work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

Thou shalt not steal

4 Likes

His newer versions shoot out fart spray and other fun stuff. There is something quite satisfying in seeing thieves get their comeuppance.

3 Likes

I know. I started with version 1.0

this version does include the fart spray.

1 Like

A really good contraption for Rube Goldberg to be jealous of. :+1:

2 Likes

The story is now far afield. I copied it and emailed it to my mom. You deserve to see her reply:

Thank you Kendel. That made my day. I laughed so hard my eyes were watering and I couldn’t read. She should write a book. That’s the best story I’ve heard in ages.

Mom

2 Likes

OpenAI request: Write a scene of a play in the style of j. r. r. tolkien.

Scene:

The hobbits are sitting around a campfire, telling stories.

Frodo: So Gandalf said to me, “Frodo, you must take the ring to Mount Doom and destroy it.”

Sam: Oh, that’s a terrible burden to bear.

Pippin: Yeah, I can’t even imagine carrying something that heavy around.

Bilbo: But you know, it’s not really that bad. After all, the ring has its benefits.

Frodo: What do you mean?

Bilbo: Well, for one, it makes you invisible.

Frodo: Really?

Bilbo: Yes, and it also gives you the power to make yourself invisible at will.

Frodo: That’s amazing!

Bilbo: Plus, it makes you very strong.

Frodo: Really?

Bilbo: Yes, you could probably take on a whole army if you had to.

Frodo: Wow, I had no idea.

Bilbo: But of course, with great power comes great responsibility.

Frodo: I know, I know.

1 Like

8 Likes

Randy, I don’t know whether you are aware, but there’s actually such a thing as “no-poo method”…

3 Likes

Surgeon: “I think the medical profession is the first profession mentioned in the Bible. God made Eve by surgically removing a rib from Adam.”

Engineer: “No, engineering was first. Just think of the engineering job it was to create things out of chaos.”

Politician: “That’s nothing … who do you think created the chaos?”

8 Likes

My husband is an economist, so i have heard chaos attributed to his profession. Actually, the politicians as a whole do a more effective job with chaos, though.

2 Likes

Found this on SorryAntivaxxer.com, which features anti-vaxxers who get covid-19. They certainly have some strange beliefs. (Mike Boll would have loved this.)

1 Like

3 Likes

Variation on a classic question I’ve heard at times:

10 Likes