Humor in Science and Theology

Cool to have someone to call on like that who can send bears to maul bullies and those who call you hurtful names. What a friend in thee indeed.

Winky, winky

Actually it explains a lot of the pointed, you’ll-be-sorry apologetics innuendo we nons often hear. Good to know they’re not actually mobsters.

3 Likes

And now you know why the bear went over the mountain!

2 Likes

This is highly needed in a stressful, Covid (and other ills) world. Thankyou! I sent it to my mom and sibs (thanks from my mom), and now to some of my coworkers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1663779288572

11 Likes

How would you like to get to preach on that text!?

1 Like

It’s “worked” its way through my family, too.
Kind of like yeast.

1 Like

Or like a dense intestinal cloud.

Sorry cannot resist low lying fruit.

2 Likes

Can you confirm or deny @jammycakes ?

10 Likes

Unless you use a Mac.

2 Likes

…Much preferable to Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V. (A decidedly darker take if the child grows up unhappy.)

2 Likes

Or use emacs.

Ooooh. Merv. I didn’t know about this side of you!

It’s out there … just sayin. My own relationship with both my parents and my progeny is all fine I think. So I hope my questionable attempts at humor don’t leave anyone with wrong impressions. They are a cute coupla shirts there, and if I’d thought of it first …

2 Likes

To be sure.
I think many of us have a supressed “inner criminal.” While I”m used to my own, it’s surprising to see someone else’s, and expressed in such succinct humor.

Elisha shows how to bear your burdens.

10 Likes

…in his hair-raising adventures

6 Likes

I wonder why we never see it in children’s Sunday School material?

4 Likes

After losing both parents, I finally heard from both of them. Mom has been busy catching up with her mother and sister. Dad has been busy telling God how to run the universe.

2 Likes

Some smart students don’t believe that God created the world in seven days. They think, from their own experience, that He probably rested for six and then pulled an all-nighter.

10 Likes

If anyone could pull that off, I bet it would be Him.

4 Likes