Humor in Science and Theology

It appears there should be a big after rapture estate planning market as well, to help those left behind.

4 Likes

Lawyers will still be here in force to see to all that. No worries.

5 Likes

I just wish people who are going would get on with it. Would rally take some pressure off the housing market.

2 Likes

But who would work at Chik Fil A?

3 Likes

During the Harold Camping rapture, a woman actually tried to get a vet to euthanize her pets so they wouldn’t suffer. Thank God, the vet refused. Some elderly people donated their life savings to Camping, leaving their families with no inheritance.

Makes me wonder how many JW’s start saving for retirement in their 20’s.

1 Like

I either did not know of him or forgot. Interesting story, and there should be something criminal about defrauding people of their savings in such a way. From the Wikipedia page, it is interesting that his family’s chain of radio stations now carry content from Answers in Genesis. Harold Camping - Wikipedia

4 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

Also … the physicist above had better much more urgently be figuring out how fast he will be needing to run off the edge of the board (and at what angle) so that he even hits the pool at all (which doesn’t appear to come very near the diving board in the picture.) And given the height the board appears to be at, is the pool even deep enough, if he does land in the water?!

I’d be petrified too. I’m pretty sure that diving situation is not up to code.

5 Likes

It was a pretty well-known rapture. Our ministers were joking about it in church the next day.

There’s not much that can be done to get a refund if there was no intent to defraud and people gave money willingly.

Some folks were disappointed, to say the least.

Reaction after predicted end of the world fails to happen

2 Likes

8 Likes

You know that’s right!

2 Likes

It’s the Answers Research Journal.

3 Likes

Did someone already post this? Oh well, it’s relatable.

14 Likes

Specifically, something between about 0.2 c and 0.4 c (depending on what blue it is: 0.2 to 0.3 c produces blueish greens).

3 Likes

Yes, it would be quite a bit above the speed limit!

3 Likes