Humor in Science and Theology

Yep. Hallgrimskirkja.

3 Likes

I’m saving it for my last supper xd.

1 Like

That’s very funny. But it’s not so different from what gay men were subjected to in so-called “conversion therapy.”

2 Likes

6 Likes

Sure doesn’t check the theology or science boxes but it lands squarely in the humor one. “Humans acting like their dogs at the dog park”

7 Likes

Next time, you could say, “If these people don’t seem to help you, you could always talk to a social worker we know.”

2 Likes

There have been plenty of times that would have been the best answer. It’s more worrisome, when they are standing right across the reference desk from one, or right next to one, while one is trying to help with a piece of equipment.
Libraries, hospitals and churches are magnets.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what the self-help section is for?

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if we all need a little exorcism on occasion.

4 Likes

Another good thing that libraries can do is to post domestic violence hotline info in the bathrooms. In all bathrooms, because while men are usually the abusers, sometimes women are also. One of my co-workers had a brother who was stabbed to death by his girlfriend.

2 Likes

I can bring thus up at work. Good idea.

1 Like

9 Likes

XD

4 Likes

8 Likes

Those five extra copies of each “clean” animal sure had to last a while!

1 Like

The technology of fast food was one of the amazing developments that was lost in the Flood.

1 Like

In the not too distant future, a Richard Dawkins type of scientist meets with God. And the scientist tells God, “You aren’t so great or even necessary. We can create life ourselves without you!” God replies, “Oh, really? You can take dirt and make a human?” “Yes.” says the scientist, “I can extract all the necessary components, and combine them through various techniques to form a cell which can be placed in a growth chamber and will develop into a fully functional human. I can even decide what characteristics he or she will have.” “Well,” says God, “this I have to see for myself. Please demonstrate.”
So the scientist grabs a shovel to go dig up some dirt and God says, “Whoa, there! Hold up! Get your own dirt!”

10 Likes

3 Likes

8 Likes

14 Likes