Humor in Science and Theology

Weird Al is revered at our house. “Foil” is one of our anthems. In a family where the two heads are both state employees, “Mission Statement” is also particularly poignant. Watch a whiteboard version of it on Youtube, if you are not familiar with it.
We go back with Al to before UHF.

5 Likes

It’s not you. Only topologists cannot tell their donut from their coffee cup.

7 Likes

Which makes me ask, what is its use?

2 Likes

And they (the Topology Department) celebrate winning by drinking from a Klein bottle.

5 Likes

14 Likes

I can do even better! Statements? Who needs statements - vague or otherwise? I can interpret cloud formations or fortuitous events as uniquely meaningful! :star_struck: :mag_right:

7 Likes

But see, I got that one right away.

At 5am, I can’t really tell my coffee cup from my donut either. That’s why I developed a rule: coffee first, THEN donuts.

5 Likes

Another one on ad algorithms being confused about me: after searching for a bunch of Google Maps routes for birding (as well as other travel information for the ASA 2022 - American Scientific Affiliation (asa3.org) meeting in San Diego, Google seems to be confused about where I live: I’ve gotten ads for a California democratic primary (just one, thankfully), a rollercoaster in San Diego (makes more sense), and Air France (no clue why).

4 Likes

7 Likes

I will be sure to bring snacks.

4 Likes

Now if someone would come up to him and say “I agree with you”. That would produce a liar paradox [I agree with him, but he disagrees with me, which means that I disagree with me, which means that he agrees with me, which means I agree with him, and so on].

6 Likes

Ouch my brane hertz

4 Likes

13 Likes

Dare to be Stupid is pretty much my theme song at this point

5 Likes

If I fall into hard times, I may have to have my own cardboard sign to announce: “Will argue for food.”

5 Likes

Truly a verse for our day.

5 Likes

I understand the feeling.

3 Likes

Can’t help but get Monty Python flashbacks.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Gargoyle on the Salisbury Cathedral.

5 Likes