Does the Great Pyramid of Giza convey a mathematical prophecy?

Actually, Klax. You are wrong. You may use Google and do some research on the subject. You may start with Great Pyramid of Giza - Wikipedia
There are plenty of websites that discuss the eight sides of the pyramid and its been known to exist since 1940.
The indentations is hard to see with the naked eye, and can only be seen clearly every Spring and Autumn equinoxes.

In what way?

Actually the photo on the Wikipedia page clearly shows the shadow on the right side that creates the illusion of an “edge”.

Indeed. I raise you a duck cloud prophecy.

4 Likes

I’ve been fortunate enough to honeymoon in Egypt and, whilst there, was able to visit the great pyramids. Having seen them from far away and very close up, I can confirm that they are standard square based pyramids. And, as you say, are missing much of the outer layer.

1 Like

Those aren’t really predictions, they are calculations based on things that can be measured like barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, planetary orbits, gestational age, birth/death rates.

I know. But that doesn’t mean they had access to knowledge we don’t have access to in order to relay messages about the birth of the universe or whatever. Even if you could find messages, why should we believe they are accurate or true? In other words, why do you think the content of the message is so special, it’s worth all this beautiful mind stuff to decode?

1 Like

So far I’m getting an impression which reminds me of @beaglelady 's fortune cookie post

https://discourse.biologos.org/t/humor-in-science-and-theology/38440/3041

The End-of-the-World Industry is quite lucrative. End of the World Fails. People who fall for these scams have lost their livlihoods.

2 Likes

Yes, Mervin. It is a lucrative trade and fear is a great marketing tool.
This time, however, I don’t believe it necessary to build a bunker and save up as much food as you can get, change your religion and do something stupid, like joining a cult.
This time, I think we can just sit back, relax and see what good news awaits us.

Christy, even the message you had just sent me now, is encoded by algorithm. Mathematics can be used to convey messages, and the military uses encoded messages to communicate high secrecy information since the time of Julius Caesar, or even before that.
How can we say that these ancient people could not have known about future events by using mathematical equations, when you had said it yourself that planetary movements, or a comet’s trajectory etc. can be calculated?
The Earth’s magnetic field had shifted many times in the past, and even our Sun does it every few years.
No one knows why it happens, it just does.
Also, we can calculate weather patterns months, or even years ahead.
These are just a few examples of how mathematics can be used.
But as I said earlier, I do agree with you that a future event such as world wars, the next tsunami or who will be the next president cannot be mathematically predicted and I don’t even try to classify such predictions as pseudo science, because that is just plain rubbish.
My theory just remains that. A theory and not a proven fact, and is just one of many other theories out there that try to make sense of these fantastic and mind bending structures.
Hopefully, I just hope we won’t give credit to the ‘alien builders’ hypothesis, but rather to actual human beings with an advanced knowledge, a knowledge lost to antiquity, and I place hope in our advancement in science and technology to rediscover such lost knowledge.

From what I am reading they do have a slight dip by an angle of 1 degree

There are a handful of theories, one being it was to better secure the casing stones.

2 Likes

Given the ancient technology used, it is amazing the dip is that slight.

2 Likes

Hi Mike. Thanks for reply. Another theory was that the structure ‘imploded’, because of its weight. That theory was disproven, as there were no sign of interior damage.
It is clear that the indentations were deliberately designed to perform a function, and the indentations can only be seen by the naked eye during a Spring or Autumn equinox.
Just imagine the skill the ancients possessed to work that out with such a huge structure.
To lift those huge stones is also an accomplishment that even we, today with our modern technology, will be difficult to perform.
They could have used small bricks to build, and it would have been easier to do so, yet they chose carefully carved blocks that weigh many tonnes, because they could.
Those tourists who were privileged enough to have visited the Pyramids will tell you that it is prohibited by Egyptian authorities to climb the structure, because it is too dangerous to do so.
Yet, these tonnes of stone blocks were lifted to the top.
I just hope people would stop jumping on the ‘alien builders’ hypothesis to explain how they were built, and rather do research on a lost technology the ancients could have had.
Also, the structures show signs of water erosion, while we know that Egypt does not get so much rain.
North Africa used to have a tropical climate, but that was according to research about 65000 years ago.
Even the Sphinx show signs of water erosion.
The pyramids and the Sphinx are much older than 3500 years, and during the time of Pharaoh Khufu, who Egyptologists reckon built the structures, lived in a time when Egypt already had a dry climate.
The Egyptians did not build them. They inherited it from a lost civilization who completed a cycle of existence, and they took their knowledge to their graves.
We just need to rediscover it.

1 Like

To be honest, it’s nice to see how excited you are about this fascinating subject. And I can’t blame you for finding a deeper meaning in the mathematical symbols. It is such an inescapable part of human nature to find meaning and purpose outside of ourself. I also like how you are open to being wrong where that possibility exists and optimistic for the future.

Best Regards

1 Like

So you want to ignore all of the actual evidence and go for the Atlantis idea.

What do you think of von Daniken’s ideas? Or Velikovsky?

1 Like

Bill, I never said anything about Atlantis, and I would like you to explain what evidence you claim I am ignoring. Can you please explain why you make these claims?

By the way, von Daniken is a charlatan, and Velakovski’s ideas are farfetched.

Because like I said at first, math doesn’t predict future events. Calculating things based on physics is not the same thing as predicting the future. Things like weather predictions are calculated probabilities. But even with all our technology and advanced mathematical modeling capabilities, we can’t calculate probabilities with any accuracy for weather more than ten days out because there are too many variables in the system.

This isn’t true. We can calculate probabilities and make climate models based on generalizations and trends over time. We cannot predict the future and say when and where a hurricane will develop next year.

Math is not magical and it has limitations. There is no way that ancients could have used math to predict the future in some kind of calculation because there are too many variables involved in the trajectory of human history. See chaos theory.

It’s not really a theory though, it’s just an imaginative guess. Good theories are based on observable evidence and make testable predictions. Yours doesn’t. It says, “look, numbers do cool things” and then makes some wild assertions about secret messages in the numbers you have linked to pyramids that supposedly encode information about future world wars and tsunamis. That is pretty much the definition of pseudoscience. You are using mathematical or scientific sounding jargon to make untestable assertions not grounded in reality.

1 Like

Mathematics can also be used to combine numbers in arbitrary ways to arrive at any answer you want.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I have a sneaking suspicion there may be a pattern to the number π. It’s ever so curious to wonder when 999 million nines occur in sequence :nerd_face:

And that’s just in base 10 numerals.

“I know the pieces fit… To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication”

1 Like

That is fascinating to me too. It also fascinates me that it is a 100% statistical certainty that your 999 million nines actually are there somewhere. Meaning also that all of scriptures (any version you pick), the entire corpus of Shakespeare … all of that can be found there too. There is no finite sequence that can’t be found there if we just had the computational power to look far enough!

Let’s say (as is presupposed for any sequence of decimal digits of any irrational number) that there is no pattern to be found. Would that make the digits of pi random? Not really … and yet … indistinguishable from random too, as far as we’re concerned.

3 Likes