Humor in Science and Theology

This seems relevant, given all the conspiracy theories going around at present (It’s from 2014). It starts off as “why aluminum foil is great for preserving your leftovers”, and then becomes “why you need an aluminum foil hat” (the answer is “because most conspiracy theories are true”).
“Weird Al” Yankovic - Foil (Official Video) - YouTube

4 Likes

Weird Al is revered at our house. “Foil” is one of our anthems. In a family where the two heads are both state employees, “Mission Statement” is also particularly poignant. Watch a whiteboard version of it on Youtube, if you are not familiar with it.
We go back with Al to before UHF.

5 Likes

It’s not you. Only topologists cannot tell their donut from their coffee cup.

7 Likes

Which makes me ask, what is its use?

2 Likes

And they (the Topology Department) celebrate winning by drinking from a Klein bottle.

5 Likes

14 Likes

I can do even better! Statements? Who needs statements - vague or otherwise? I can interpret cloud formations or fortuitous events as uniquely meaningful! :star_struck: :mag_right:

7 Likes

But see, I got that one right away.

At 5am, I can’t really tell my coffee cup from my donut either. That’s why I developed a rule: coffee first, THEN donuts.

5 Likes

Another one on ad algorithms being confused about me: after searching for a bunch of Google Maps routes for birding (as well as other travel information for the ASA 2022 - American Scientific Affiliation (asa3.org) meeting in San Diego, Google seems to be confused about where I live: I’ve gotten ads for a California democratic primary (just one, thankfully), a rollercoaster in San Diego (makes more sense), and Air France (no clue why).

4 Likes

7 Likes

I will be sure to bring snacks.

4 Likes

Now if someone would come up to him and say “I agree with you”. That would produce a liar paradox [I agree with him, but he disagrees with me, which means that I disagree with me, which means that he agrees with me, which means I agree with him, and so on].

6 Likes

Ouch my brane hertz

4 Likes

13 Likes

Dare to be Stupid is pretty much my theme song at this point

5 Likes

If I fall into hard times, I may have to have my own cardboard sign to announce: “Will argue for food.”

5 Likes

Truly a verse for our day.

5 Likes

I understand the feeling.

3 Likes

Can’t help but get Monty Python flashbacks.

9 Likes

12 Likes