Humor in Science and Theology

Not as a kid. Man uh the Midlands me. As a kid Barmouth, Blue Anchor Bay, Brixham, Mablethorpe, Wells-next-the-Sea, California, Happisburgh.

2 Likes

@klax and @LM77 I must get out a map! This terrible. I know nothing about these places.

2 Likes

I have heard about a fair at Scarborough. Anyone going?

7 Likes

Be sure to try the parsley pizza if you go.

4 Likes

Not sure I’ll have the thyme.

5 Likes

Just listen to you all … no sage would leave out the sage!

5 Likes

You think we’ll catch up with Rosemary when we get there?

4 Likes

Well, if we don’t find her, then she’s no true love of mine!

Phil … this is your fault. Next time maybe you should think about it before you dangle such things like this out in this crowd! :thinking:

8 Likes

Yeah it seems I’m not the only one who sits down on his wisest asset.

2 Likes

If you do, tell her to make me a cambric shirt in deep forest green.

3 Likes

Did you prefer that woven whole, or knitted up to avoid the needlework and seams? Crochet or macrame are also options but lumpier.
I recommend knitted actually. Weaving a shirt-shaped cloth on a loom could be unwieldy.

1 Like

Woven whole please as in keeping with the period. :joy:

Can you also ask her to find me an acre of land? But it must be between salt water and sea strand - that bit is really important.

3 Likes

Gonna be hard in Michigan. Our inland seas are all fresh water. We could all have such a glorious field trip visiting them and the forests and rivers and waterfalls and dunes. And picking up rocks on the beaches.

Four out of five Great Lakes prefer Michigan.

Honestly, you all, skip the fair and “Come to Michigan.”

4 Likes

11 Likes

moh-leh-coo-lehs and pahr-tih-clehs.

4 Likes

Now you’ve done it! This is only going to reopen the bitter debate over how to pronounce ancient Greek words.

Any of my Erasmian method home boys in the house?! Woop-woop.

Mo-leck-u-lees and part-ic-lees

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Are those the ones for whom Socrates rhymes with ‘snow crates’?

My kind of people.

4 Likes

Warning: the humor on the humor thread has gone live and improv!

5 Likes

Years ago there was a fellow molecular biologist who dressed up as a Greek hero named “I am Thermos Aquaticus” which he would pronounce loudly in a hero’s pose. The other two molecular biologists, including me, thought it was pretty funny. Everyone else just stared at us with a puzzled expression.

8 Likes

You know this was bound to happen in thyme with this group.

3 Likes