Georgia Update — it has been a while

For me it’s to the point where the lockdowns and regulations are more dangerous to humanity than the virus. The lockdowns are affecting almost every. The virus is affecting almost no one as far as statistics go. The same people that make up the majority of the deaths, those who has ignored the general rules on health and so they are bad, and had generally unhealthy lifestyles are the same ones at greater risk making up the bulk of deaths and they also seem to be the majority of people who up to this point has refused masks and so on.

Since my thoughts are clear, and I already understand your position, I’m not going to continue personally talking about it. When it gets closer to fall and winter when the virus is supposed to be at its best, I’ll drop back. But as for now, I’ll wear a mask when I go to the grocery store and ect… but I’m going back to enjoying life. Such as tonight I’m going to head to the book store, then I’m going to go to a local bar and get a veggie burger and fries and two shots and hang out. Then tomorrow morning around 11am I’m going to head to a beach party with about 200 others. I’ve not going to spend any more time social distancing and avoiding restaurants and even fast food. Since everyone goes through the line and debit cards go back and forth and gloves don’t get changed at every actions and so on. I avoided it. I kept my company with smaller projects of 2-3 employees. Starting next week it’s back to full crews of 6-10 people per job. Around mid dec I’ll cut back a bit. By Jan 15 I’ll full pull back and wait until April and jump back in.

My grandchildren are not statistics.

1 Like

The rapid decline continues.

Note the most recent week’s data are likely incomplete.

Since Chris’s link shows that the survey-based mask use estimates have been consistent since July 27, I doubt this improvement can be attributed to better mask use.

It is more likely, in my opinion, to be evidence that the state is approaching herd immunity.

The legend is in the opening post.

No one is and everyone is. Ultimately, for me, I can’t continue to restrict my life when the virus is supposed to be at its weakest for something that is simply not hurting 99% or whatever the number is of humanity. If someone personalizes it then it’s personal for them. That’s for anything. It’s not unloving, or inconsiderate, or sinful to not isolate yourself and make major cuts to your life for more than several months.

I’ve went out to eat once, through a drive thu in the last 4 months and 3 times total in the last 8 months, all drove thu, and have done what was stated by the scientific community for something is not statistically a threat for me or 99.99% of the people I interact with making less money despite working more hours. So if anyone has went out to eat more than 3 times since Jan has contributed to spreading this virus more than me.

1 Like

I think it’s more complicated than that, especially when you have half the population refusing to wear masks anywhere.

The neurological and psychiatric implications of the disease are yet to be fully known, even in mild cases, let alone the “long-haulers”, so I think “simply not hurting 99%” is simplistic. (I suspect that there may be long-term effects down the road for even ‘asymptomatic’ cases.)

1 Like

Perhaps there is some reason to thank these people, as they are helping society move towards herd immunity at their own peril.

Then we can thank government and elected officials for contributing their part towards antimasking freedumb. Someone I am familiar with here was advocating for it, too.

1 Like

Just on broadcast news this evening – a study that suggests that younger people may be more vulnerable than previously thought:

For those aged 18-34, 1 in 5 that were sick enough to be hospitalized needed intensive care, and 1 in 10 hospitalized needed a ventilator.

Would you like to post that report? It seems quite inconsistent with everything else that I have seen.

Sure, I’d like to. Do I have any more information than was on the TV screen when I paused the prerecording to note the figures? No. (Nor was there any more info in the audio.)

It might be consistent with this:

Well, that link does not seem to support the impression that you posted from a portion of a TV show.

Perhaps you misheard the report, or perhaps the reporter was incompetent.

Thousands of college students have tested positive for COVID-19. Few have required the severe treatment you described.

I misheard the report. I don’t think so.

P.S.: The figures were on the screen.

During hospitalization, 684 patients (21%) required intensive care, 331 (10%) required mechanical ventilation, and 88 (2.7%) died.

The irregularity may not be where you supposed?

Without the percentage of these 18-34 year olds who required hospitalization (or the total of the cases), these numbers are relatively meaningless,

The total (confirmed by testing) sick could be 100,000 (and maybe 1,500,000 infected but not tested) with only 10 people in the hospital with 2 in intensive care and 1 on a ventilator.

I don’t know what the numbers are, but I am certain that the numbers you quoted don’t provide meaningful information without more context.

The reports that I have seen from college students indicate many infected and few sick.

I don’t understand why you are not reading.

Among 780969 adults discharged between April 1, 2020, and June 30, 2020, 63103 (8.1%) had the ICD-10 code for COVID-19, of whom 3222 (5%) were nonpregnant young adults (age 18-34 years) admitted to 419 US hospitals. The mean (SD) age of this population was 28.3 (4.4) years; 1849 (57.6%) were men and 1838 (57.0%) were Black or Hispanic.

This may be the report:

Um,

researchers report September 9 in JAMA Internal Medicine .

You have not thought through how reducing R-nought from 1.1 to 0.9 would manifest itself on the graph.

Peace,
Chris