Genesis According to the Miao People

Genesis according to the Miao people are speaking of the Genesis account by God’s persuasion.

1 Like

Agreed … God’s is a Spirit of Truth. And that is in fact what drives many believers here.

Good morning Mervin
We have born again believers throughout the world.
Yes, God’s Spirit Is Truth.

Why would apostles need the information that now EC uses? I don’t see any apostles showing any concern about how old the Earth is or how much area the flood covered, because these were not really necessary to their faith (and aren’t to mine either).

Science is not able to explain everything – it has limits in the types of things it can discover about God’s creation – it can’t go back in time and determine whether Jesus performed miracles or not, just like the purpose of the Bible is not to teach us about physics or modern cosmology. I think the harmony of science and faith makes a lot more sense if we don’t try to use scripture or science for purposes beyond what they are designed for. Trying to discover human ethics through science is a bad idea, just like trying to use the Bible like a science textbook.

1 Like

That seems like a bit of a stretch and certainly is far removed from the scientific theory of evolution which for all intents and purposes is true.

The Bible also describes the sun revolving around the Earth unambiguously or that the earth has pillars. Or that there is an ocean above the solid dome of the firmament. That is kind of the simplest reading of the text, yet many compromisers probably reject the clear biblical teaching of geocentrism and the pillars of the earth.

I think you have some serious questions to ask yourself as you set aside your modern preconceptions and try to see what the Bible really says about cosmology. The Bible literally describes the universe as something like this:

Do you believe the Bible when it comes to its literal description? Or have you already compromised what it says? Or maybe reading the Bible on ancient cosmology is more complicated than “either you believe God’s word or man’s word.”

5 Likes

Is there an award for understatement? :wink:

1 Like

Yes, Laura, as you’ve stated, science is not able to explain everything. True statement. But according to EC they have all the ‘faith’ necessary to believe EC

John 8:32 says all who have the faith of Christ shall know the truth.

John 14:6 Jesus Christ IS Truth

True or false?

The bible is not simple nor is it ever suggested within the text or traditions (minus some modern ones) that it is so.

2 Peter 3:16 (people easily twist and misunderstand)
1 Cor 2:13 (spiritual thoughts and spiritual words)
Luke 24:27-32 (Jesus explains from Moses onwards how scripture relates to Him)
Mark 2:27 (Sabbath made for man); Hebrews 4 (the day of rest continues and remains)

Moreover both Jesus and the writers of the NT use the OT in non-plain meaning ways throughout.

Did Jesus lie when he said that the mustard seed was the smallest? How do you interpret Him speaking in a Rabbinic tradition?

Saying that Heb 11:3 is an attack on evolution is dishonest.

Your changing of 1 Tim 6:20 is certainly not biblical

The MacArthur attribution is also dishonest. Even if certain individuals had malice, the evidence and our growing scientific knowledge and capability would have lead to the same conclusions.

The “were you there” is a dishonest gotcha tactic as is the reductionistic thinking that there is one single and simple meaning to Gen 1-2.

I believe in Jesus Christ and the revealed word of God, but I certainly do not agree with your premises nor your fearmongering.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean. Things like evolution and deep time are determined by scientific measurements. The results are not dependent on what kind of faith someone has or doesn’t have.

4 Likes

Hi Laura
I don’t know if this will help. Not sure if anyone clicked on my previous link. It doesn’t look like it. But oh well. Not going to respond on this anymore. Maybe Daniel can explain his version better.
Heb 12:2, Jesus Christ is the source, author, finisher of faith

Gal 5:22, Faith is produced by the Holy Spirit

Jam 2:14, Faith is the work/activity of God’s Spirit

1Cor 12:9, Faith is given by the Holy Spirit

Acts 14:9,10, Faith was given to the man

Rom 10:17, God’s chosen way of expressing/ministering His faith

Rom 12:3, We live by the faith measured out to us by God

True or false: Does or will Jesus really walk around with a sword sticking out of his mouth. (That’s in the Bible.)

2 Likes

Could you explain what this means, Dale?

I think you have to explain what it means:

From [Jesus’] mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

Revelation 19:15

1 Like

It’s in the Bible, so we have to believe it. No symbolism allowed.

Going to let you do your own research, Dale

1 Like

My research tells me it is figurative, metaphorical. What does yours tell you?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.