Does Romans show that Christians cannot accept evolution?

Do you have a reference for that verse?

2 Likes

There are references if you are mindful to look for them. I would recommend reading the Book of Romans. Remember there should be no chapter or verse but chapter 1 verse 25 may allow God to speak to you. I hope this is of some help. May God bless you

But you said that in the Bible we are clearly warned not to go along with evolution. So I wondered if you could give me a clear verse or two.

2 Likes

I don’t like giving specific chapter and verses as it takes away the discoveries that can be made in reading the Bible personally. However, what do you feel about the one I did give?

[cough]copout[cough]

Chapter and verse cannot be found for these things because they didn’t exist at the time of the Biblical authors. You disagree? The burden of proof is on you, sir (EDIT: or ma’am! apologies).

[quote=“tel, post:94, topic:3512, full:true”]
I don’t like giving specific chapter and verses as it takes away the discoveries that can be made in reading the Bible personally. [/quote]

Maybe because the chapter and verse don’t exist?

1 Like

No I agree. That’s why you should read Romans (for example) in its entirety. It is the only way to get correct context

I gave one?!

Romans 1:25 says nothing about evolution

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t. There was no such word when It was written. It’s impossible to understand the Bible if it is not read from the right perspective. The Bible is not written for you or me. It is written only from one viewpoint. It is written from God’s Vision. It is all about His Story. And you can talk of evolution but Scripture reads that God did not Create by that means. The Bible is His Story. History.

Anyone can read anything but the Bible is not a book it’s the Word of God. That means the Bible reads you!

Would that be by any chance your own perspective?

No. I am nothing. It is God’s perspective that counts. The Bible is written from God’s perspective and History (His Story) of His unfolding relationship with His family (us). The Bible is so different when you read it from this context. Don’t listen to me. Just listen to God. His Word is fantastic and alive. By the way, Romans 8:21 also tells us that the creation is in bondage to decay (from the perfect beginning). Evolution says the opposite, that all life gets better and smarter. One is a lie. One is the Truth.

1 Like

Okay, I won’t

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.