Does genesis reflect the beliefs of the horite Hebrews Abraham's people does Judaism actually reject those beliefs

I would suggest that you find a dictionary, Riversea.

Did you read the article from scirp.org??

That is the one about R1a1 etc.

You asked about R1a haplogroup and the haplogroup of another group of people.

What did you learn from reading that?

Where does R1a1 haplogroup come from?

and so on…

As for the definitions of well and cistern…try the dictionary.

You might find one on a bookshelf at home or at your library. You might also google the word “well”…as I see that you have googled “cistern.”

From what I can see of your wikipedia.org contribution on the subject of cisterns, then you have found a good definition.

As for Alice L…she is a poster on this site. If she was trying to describe wells and cisterns–and you could not understand, then you should ask her to explain better.

There’s no such thing.

Wow – there’s an article that needs some serious work!

1 Like

@bluebird1

I’m reading the websites you suggested

For me to compare. I’ll put this all here and then compare it and ask questions in more posts below.

@St.Roymond you claim @Alice_Linsley not a catholic priestess, I found where @Alice_Linsley claims she’s a priestess

April 21, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Alice C. Linsley said…

Andrew, I was an Episcopal priest for 18 years and would have been glad to have a fine women priest like Anne Kennedy as a collegue.

In the comment area of

So what is an Episcopal I will google search

Is Episcopal the same as Catholic?
So you’re Catholic? Yes, and no. The Episcopal Church is catholic in the sense that we maintain the ancient structure, like the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches do. While we uphold the continuity of tradition, the Episcopal Church is not part of the Roman Catholic Church.

So the answer to you @St.Roymond is yes, @Alice_Linsley catholic priestess

@St.Roymond @bharatjj @bluebird1

Good morning, Riversea…I could not help but note your interchange with St Roymond. If Miss Alice says she was a Catholic priestess, then St Roymond is correct in noting that the Catholic church does not have “priestesses.” Men are priests, women become nuns. Two different categories. The Episcopal church first began to allow women to serve in the priesthood sometime in the mid 1970s. I believe there was an initial small group of women priestesses in 1974 and then the Episcopal church formalized the idea a couple years later.

But this DOES MEAN that St Roymond is correct in noting that Ms Linsley could not have been a “Catholic priestess.” No such thing.

And if Alice Linsley said she was a Catholic priestess, then she was mistaken as to what denomination she was or is involved in. Her site does not say one way or the other.

Glad you are reading the scirp blurbs about Haplogroup R1A…be sure and answer the three questions I initially asked you to answer after reading that article…

Inasmuch as Haplogroup R1 goes back 50,000 to 70, 000 years before the present…and its offspring have travelled hither and non across the globe from southern Siberia to the British Isles and back again, etc —what you get is a “deep ancestry” lesson. In and out and in and out of various regions they went…interesting… I think Jesse James (the outlaw) was Haplogroup R1a…also Nikola Tesla, Anderson Cooper, Tom Hanks…maybe also a few kings of England…and me and probably many others on this site.

But we are talking about a specific man in the early second millennium BC/BCE who lived in Ur of the Chaldees. The Chaldees were in ancient Babylon. There are specifics to the word “Chaldees”, but that is the whole of it in terms of location. NO…there is no information in the Bible at all that supports any more to his ancestry than that. Everything else is speculation – fun, maybe, but irrelevant. Look up “speculation”…synonym: guessing, theorizing maybe based on nothing more than a theory. If you read the sites mentioned in other posts, it seems that the migrations from the Indus Valley (orf India) seem to all have been groups of people or just plain people moving EAST toward other EASTERN parts of Asia…they traded with the Mesopotamian region, but trading is not immigration. Traders just go home afterwards.

There is no support for an Out of India scenario…this has been stated previously and I have noted that I posed the question to people with backgrounds in this biblical or Near Eastern archaeology and got “crickets”.

The biblical text is opposed to the sort of multiple deities that other religions – like the ancient Egyptian religions cited–believed in. The “plagues” that preceded the biblical Exodus were all (ALL) judgments upon the various gods of Egypt…including Horus. This is a whole other topic. And also the many deities of Hinduism would fit into the category. The God of the Bible is “not” polytheistic or tolerant of it. Other stories of other sorts of gods in other cultures? …interesting but not related…and these are the sorts of beliefs that the God of the Bible commanded His people (long ago) to dispose of–physically as well as emotionally.

Enjoy the reading and — I would say — start reading the Bible itself.

OK…I see that Biologos has put a “last visit” marker up —probably several times. It’s worth stopping here…for one thing, many of us have “lives” elsewhere and the day is new.

1 Like

@bluebird1 you were saying there’s a last call in this thread, where, I don’t see it. I wasn’t finished at this.

Is that correct 15,600 BC to your Question: what year, in BC/BCE terms, is “20,000 ybp

To your 3 questions and or… I did one of them., I feel so rushed. Due to last call.

Question: where does R1a1 haplogroup come from?
Question: what year, in BC/BCE terms, is “20,000 ybp”
Question: how many years between 20,000 ybp and the presumed lifetime of Abraham?

Is that correct 15,600 BC to your Question: what year, in BC/BCE terms, is “20,000 ybp

Here’s the math
lets see, 20,000 is 2,400 (2,000) math

bc is before 2,000

2,000 makes zero so 2400 is 2400 above zero, now bc is before 2,000

so put 20,00 before the zero that is actually 2,000 and oh 20,000 minus 4400 os the caculater came up with -15,600 so 15,600 bc, is that correct.

Is that correct 15,600 BC

It was nice having a conversation with you @bluebird1 I do learn from you and I understand your busy. I did learn a few things as well. I was seeing if I could communicate from reading a blog - I did make some errors however I’ll learn from those errors

The last visit marker just shows where you were the last time you visited. It has nothing to do with closing the discussion. Just a bookmark.

1 Like
  1. She’s not Catholic.
  2. She doesn’t say she’s a priestess.

The thing is, she never says she’s a priestess of any sort.

Crickets didn’t come out of India either. :grin:

1 Like

This pic by Kylosov shows a migration from north India to Iran at 3500 Ybp–the approx time of the Exodus. The full paper can be found at the link below.

Bh…3500 BCE is waaaaaaay off base in terms of dating…waaaaaay too early for Abraham or the Ur III period or anything else. …I would not suppose a movement from north India to anywhere demonstrates anything…except maybe movement

1 Like

3500 ypb. Not bce. My mistake. Since corrected.

Yes, of course
Archaeology can only do that. I was responding to no evidence OUT OF INDIA. We have to match biblical geography with the route from Indus valley to assess that.

• I’m afraid that you may be underestimating Bharat’s “theory” and all of it’s ramifications.
  • He posts Kylosov’s picture of a migration from north India to Iran at 3500 ybp and he specifies that that is the approximate time of the Exodus.
  • In fact, it is his contention that “there is no Egypt in the Bible
    • Quotation from his paper, Could Moses have led the Exodus from the Indus Valley?
      “My study shows that the Adam, Noah, Abraham and Moses could have lived in the Indus Valley and Moses could have led the Exodus from here to Yisrael. I say this on the basis of the geographical descriptions of the Exodus given in the Bible. To begin with, let us be clear that the Bible only tells of the Exodus having taken from Mitsrayim. There is no “Egypt” in the Bible. The location of Mitsrayim has to be determined by looking at the geographical description and archaeological findings.”
    • To be clear, he is not saying that there has never been an Egyptian civilization, past or present; he’s just saying, that, technically, the Jews (a.k.a. the Hebrews) migrated into Canaan from India, and that they did not migrate into Egypt, begining with Abraham and Sarah, nor with Joseph, his father Jacob, and his brothers.
    • And obviously, Bharat is saying that Yahweh could not have said: “I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.”

Terry is saying that not me. YHWH BROUGHT THEM OUT OF MITSRAYIM LOCATED IN THE INDUS VALLEY. YHWH is global. Please do not set up a straw man then shoot to glorify yourself.

REPLY TO MY CHALLENGE OF NOONAN. ADMIT IF YOU CANNOT REPLY.

Thanks Terry…I understand where this is going …he has asserted something like tthis before

1 Like
  • Bharat, you have no shame.
  • I quote Exodus 20:2, in which Yahweh said "I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and you say that what He said was: “I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of the Indus Valley”, stubbornly holding to your theory, according to which “Moses led the Jews out of the Indus Valley” in complete contradiction to the words of Exodus 20:2. It is your own very real attempt to glorify yourself that you promote.
  • You are a phony, and not a very skilled one, merely a stubborn one…
4 Likes
  • You challenge Noonan’s statement and demand that I defend Noonan or admit if I cannot reply. LOL! When you can prove that Pharaohs reigned in the Indus Valley, you’ll have taken a step toward reason. Until then, your theory is bogus fantasy and your challenge is buffoonery.
  • What is amazing is that you imagine that no one can see the word game that you enjoy so much. But I do.
1 Like
  • BTW, does anyone else besides me wonder if Bharat is a Hindu YEC of sorts?
3 Likes

No idea…but I did just peruse the article he referenced earlier…it discusses the ancestry of the Kids…who are a range of groups…
No mention of India or of Kurds emigrating to Iraq/ Iran from a specific locale in India…in fact, India is not named…
.the place name MitZrayim which he also says should be discussed… Egypt most common meaning

1 Like