Did a Global Flood really happen? If not, why does the Bible describe one?

I do believe that the word “instantly” is not in the text. Why are you adding words to the Bible?

I apologize if my reply was a bit snarky, but I really do pray God’s blessing on you, though my initial statement was more of the southern idiom meaning.
And my comment on shutting down was just an opinion, as it appears there is no longer any meaningful communication taking place on this post. If fact, I wonder if there ever was as I really do not know what to think. The initial post had all the earmarks of a word trap rather than a legitimate question, but I was willing to give you the benefit of a doubt. Let me ask, did you ever have in mind a real question, or was the post just meant as an inflammatory point to contest? Do you feel it was posted and represented in an honest and forthright manner? I am not the Biologos police, but I feel we as posters have some responsibility to hold each other accountable so that the real monitors do not have to get involved.

Jesus IS the word of God in the flesh that walked among us and the Bible is the word of God written same thing.

Interesting claim… Then it might have been an easier solution to nail the Bible to the cross… Resurrecting a book probably also costs less effort.

1 Like

Ever since from my beginning that i have been on the Bio logos post. I have disagreed with evolution as a creative force in general. the reason being is because it is way too easy to get to the point of leaving God the creator out and just believing evolution by pure naturalism. I have no hard feelings about any one on here including the moderators.I do debate on other web pages and maybe my tone was harsh and sharp, and for that I am truly sorry if i have hurt any one’s feelings. i do understand that by being rude one wins no friends. but if you would get to know me you would find I am a pretty good guy. Opinionated ?? yes. but also fun loving and happy too.:grin:

If you want to see how fun loving i am, go to: you tube and look up Mungo Jerry song {In the summer time} and then Dr Hook and the medicine Show song {On the cover of the rolling Stones} that is my personality i like those songs!they are me! LOL

It is? The infinite God who lowered himself to reveal who he is as a human being is “the same thing” as…what? A book? The words on the page?

Are you saying that the highest revelation of God (Jesus the Messiah) is the book? And that the book is the highest revelation of God?

That smacks more of Islam to me than of Christianity.

But Christians don’t do that.

That’s kind of a “slippery slope” argument…

What does it say about Evangelicalism when this kind of thing can barely be distinguished from a real fundamentalist’s rant?

2 Likes

I agree but what is the difference between evolution with God and with out God? And if I were an atheist why should I really care as long as you agree with me about evolution?

No that’s just baptist well known knowledge.

If an atheist were ranting would you believe the same thing?

God bless you too!

the word evolution or even 'over time" is not either in the text.

i disagree that it is misleading to hold that the bible is the word of God.

But I’m not claiming that Genesis 1 should be read literally. You are.

I’m also appealing to physical evidence. You are not.

There is no case textually for “instantly” and there is no physical evidence for “instantly.”

Regardless of the lack of justification for this in scripture.

And regardless of the evidence that contradicts this in scripture.

I think it’s time to face the fact that what you believe about the Bible does not come from the Bible. Tradition, maybe?

Is that what’s at stake here?

What’s the difference between a shopping mall with God and without God? And if I were a store owner why should I really care as long as you shop in the mall?

But @martin, do you think that Jesus is the Bible itself?

Suppose you consider the Bible as “true”. Then you have to follow what is explicitly taught in the Bible. The Bible teaches that Jesus IS the Word of God.

Therefore, I believe that the Bible can be considered to be the Word of God in the sense that it reflects/portrays/communicates who Jesus is.

may I ask you a sincere question?you said you believe that God created humans and animals through the process of evolution? could you please state your top 3 or 4 reasons why you believe that? and the evidence that you personally see that backs that up to be true? Thank you very much-Martin

1 Like