Contradictions and Knowledge

This lead me to dig up something I was told after watching a couple videos on 1/2 spin which said the particles are not actually spinning.

“Not in the conventional sense, no. The spins are in fact complex states which we represent using something called a Pauli-matrix.”

“Their eigenstate describes an eigenvalue which is a vector in the complex plane.”

Would you say this checks out?

Yep… this is not like the spin of visible object. It is not well understood. But it is mathematically connected to angular momentum.

Exactly. But a cat cannot be alive and dead under any natural circumstances, as many worlds are superfluous too, as they cannot naturally ever be an Einstein Bose condensate with multiple eigenstates. Ever being finite of course, like 10^1,000,000 years.

Your memory was fine mike. Yet there still are infinite infinite natural sets.

And I responded by saying:

“Complex states. Non-classical motion. Got it. But it’s an exaggeration to call it motion or spinning without time and space.”

And it would be an equivocation for you to call it an actual contradiction. But it is an apparent contradiction do to the unobservable nature of the phenomenon.

If the natural numbers are unlimited, then the number of natural numbers is undefined. This is a simple tautology.

What if I called infinity a non-numerical value?

As long as you don’t call it late for dinner.

Surely, late is not what you would call an infinite being

Talk about being late (or is it early) to the party. That pesky Aquinas, I thought for so long he made the distinction between a set that progresses to infinity and the impossibility of a set becoming actually infinite. But now I’m not so sure.

But he did seem to grasp the possibility of a universe that begins in the present. As in past events may actually be progressing to infinity.

Oh I dunno, The Great Prophet Zarquon was late for his own second coming. Or rather will be. And both.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.