Bible Interpretation

So your whole view is flaud . Even if you didnt meant that if you rule out the OT how do you explain what Jesus said? What messiah did the Jews talked about if the OT is legends? Did God came down here saying"Ohhh yeah there are some pretty good legends here let me become this messiah guy and free them from sin because why not "

What historical facts am I ignoring?

Tell me where in history does say Jesus was God? Or even a prophet?

Ill answer it for you. Nowhere. Same with David. History tells us he existed but the bible speaks for the stuff he did with God. Not history

Nothing sloppy about it. It’s tied directly into the previous comment by Cody I believe who said we don’t need science we have gods word.

So my example fits. If his statement is true, and he applies the same literalism to everything as genesis 1-2, then that means he believes science does not answer how we have climate change and weather. So I was showcasing why they’re does not work. The emphasis based within the context of the conversation is that scripture is not the scientific method OT answer to how laws work in nature.

Come Holy Spirit.

Why are you asking me that rhetorical question? Mine above it isn’t rhetorical.

Incorrect in what way?

I just answered this question below sooo…better read that

I stated why I believe it’s incorrect because I believe it’s a real story. But I don’t find the view disrespectful. That’s my response to Cody about is your view disrespectful. So I answered with I believe you are wrong but I don’t think it’s a rude view towards scripture or God.

1 Like

The book we call 1 Corinthians is not really Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians.

Where? How?

Here …

Right. And your point is what? As you said “You ignore historical facts.” and I keep asking which, as I NEVER do, never could. So which?

You said that because these people (in the OT) existed doesnt mean what they wrote about them was true. And i said to you. So does that imply to Jesus ? If so why? You never answered. To which i reply. What King David did for example the bible actually tells us his actions and history affirms some of the actions he took. But what David did with God only the bible writers wrote down. Trying to rule out the supernatural of these OT"fairytales " ,as you say can be applied to Jesus. We can rule out the supernatural theme of Jesus because history does not tell us so.

Sorry Nick, I can’t parse that. I ignored no historical fact and you can’t show me where I did.

Alright ignore the historical facts maybe i misunderstood. You are ruling out the supernatural of the OT is that correct? Why dont you do the same with Jesus?

There is no comparison.

Why though?

Why what Nick? If there had been no incarnation claim, we wouldn’t give the OT the time of day unless we were Jewish or academics or had some other agenda, any more than we would the Popul Vuh or Bhagavad Gita.