ASA 2024 Meeting

Late next week is the 2024 meeting of the American Scientific Affiliation Meeting in Washington DC (for Christians in the sciences or adjacent fields like philosophy of science).

Some of the sessions will be livestreamed (registration is required for that–I think it’s $100?) ASA 2024: Attend Virtually - American Scientific Affiliation. After the meeting the livestreamed sessions have been generally accessible previous years. My father’s talk is one of the ones getting streamed.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Francis Collins will also be speaking.

2 Likes

Jim Stump also has one on AI I’d like to hear

3 Likes

What does one track of oral presentations mean?

Is that like Session IA? We get all the plenary talks and choose one of the 6 sessions? Or do you get to pick one of the talks from each session?

1 Like

I think it means that since at conferences there will be multiple speakers at the same times in different halls, only one of such a set of talks will be streamed.

1 Like

They will stream one of the four contemporaneous sessions at any given time, when there are multiple sessions at the same time as each other.

I remember going to a conference with two other guys but there were four sessions going at any given time and we wanted to cover it all. Happily they were all being recorded, and the sessions in a given room were sold as a set, so we pretended one room didn’t exist and bought the tapes for that one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.