Any favorite Bible apps or versions?

Phil, I use two different ereaders. I have the free ESV version (Global Study Bible) on each of them. It’s pretty good but the navigation from book to book and chapter to chapter could actually be greatly improved.

I’ve started using Blue Letter Bible as my phone app bible. Pretty easy to navigate and offers a variety of versions.

1 Like

A colleague of mine gave me a “Tree of Life” version (Messianic Jewish Bible) which I’m enjoying reading through right now. Any “Mary” in the text is “Miriam” and all the “James” is “Jacob”. I’m also getting used to the different order of books in the orginal testament. It’s making me more familiar with some Hebrew terms like “Ruach” for ‘breath’.

1 Like

Bible Gateway, Biblehub and was using and enjoying the Bible project app.

the realm of Bible apps and versions. There’s an impressive array available, each catering to different preferences. From my perspective, a few prominent ones include YouVersion, Bible Gateway, and The One Bible app. However, I must emphasize that the selection should align with individual needs and interpretations. Feel free to explore them to find the one that resonates with you the most!

2 Likes

I like bible gateway and Biblehub for apps.

I don’t have a particularly favorite translation. I try to use one for a while and then another. Sometimes I’ll each chapter in 2-3 different versions to see what’s potentially a bit murky versus what is pretty much agreed upon.

biblehub is indeed the best, particularly in multilingual and interlinear mode. The latter helps you sometimes more to think contextual because you see this completely scrambled up sentence structure, thus making you look for more meaning around the actual sentence.

I remember being puzzled about the apparent acceptance of slaves beaten to death slowly because they are ones property, and only when going to the original the context became clear from going back to the previous paragraph. its about death and injury, that death will be punished for the free as for the slave, and with the free you have to pay them until they can work again but for the slave you do not reimburse them for lost earnings as the loss is your own money. Its not about surviving for two days but about not being able to stand in for two days. They clearly expected slaves to work even if on crutches, but if it were about slow death it would as well need to be considered in the case if the free Israelite.

It only revealed the poor attitude of the translators towards slaves to accept their slow death and in the case of the atheist claims the chronological snobbery in their attitude towards their ancestors, their rejection of the authority of the elders and ultimately God over themselves

I have been working on some updates to https://biblesearch.es search engine:

• Expand search to include nearest verses, if multiword search does not return any results, i.e. search query axe floats now returns 2 Kings 6:5-6
  • Possible to search for chapters
  • Four Bible translations added
  • Search results should be now a bit more relevant/better

Any feedback much appreciated!