With Gentleness and Reverence: My Journey Out of Young-Earth Creationism

It was my lack of theological understanding that clouded my ability to recognize the work of God in science.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/guest/with-gentleness-and-reverence-my-journey-out-of-young-earth-creationism
3 Likes

I really appreciate the last two paragraphs that talk about science being Kingdom work. Too many times I think young people get the message that science is a godless domain and the only way to pursue it in a God-honoring way is to take an antagonistic approach and fight it. Like we need Christians in science to infiltrate Satan’s territory and bring science to its knees. It is such a better message to say Christians should pursue science because it is making the world a better place, and as followers of Christ, every time we contribute to making the world a better place in Jesus’ name, we are doing Christian work.

6 Likes

I love it! Well stated.

1 Like

The books of the Bible, and many works of theology tell us about God, and celebrate His creation. So does The Molecular Biology of the Cell.

1 Like

Hi Sy, Since you capitalized and italicized, is that a reference to a book?

Yup, its one of the key textbooks in graduate molecular and cell biology and biochemistry. Everything you would want to know about how life works. I used to say it should be read in Sunday School.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.