Why we as Christians dont need to follow the Old Testament Law if it is from the same God?

You are so mistaken, as was just demonstrated. Conclusively. You also failed to answer or avoided answering about the other references I cited.

You still are having difficulty distinguishing the difference between not committing adultery and not cutting your beard. Are you familiar with the term ‘moral law’ (aka ‘the laws of love’)?

You are free to think that.

As I wrote earlier, it appears our positions have been explained and we don’t have to agree.

Appearances can be deceiving. You position has not been adequately explained. (It can’t be, because it is fallacious.)

Well, maybe the positions haven’t been explained.

You could help by stating whether you ever do any work between sundown Friday and sundown Saturday.

Knowing whether you keep the law or not might help clarify.

Tell us again how Jesus set aside any laws by raising the bar? (I hope you are not into track and field events. The limbo, maybe. :grin:) And please respond to the other citations.

I already have. Read the little essay. You obviously have not, just like @ Cody_G.

Just a little reminder from our guidelines:

• State your case and then respect other people’s right to agree or disagree. Avoid repeating the same ideas over and over because you have failed to convince everyone to accept your viewpoint.

We probably don’t need to go another 12 rounds on the Sabbath topic, do we? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I haven’t murdered anyone lately. :grin:

I read it this morning more throughly than
i did before. It would clarify things for me if you would state in a post exactly how you keep the Sabbath or how all believer’s are to keep it.
Thanks

1 Like

I think it is a profitable conversation. There are those who may not post that are reading the thread that it may be helpful to. Plus it was important enough for Paul to address and clarify.

Keeping in mind that mercy trumps law, one of the things that I think is obvious is to avoid unnecessary commerce or laboring in a job that is not infrastructure. (Of course, that invites a host of questions, each of which could be its own thread.) The Lord’s Day should not be the biggest shopping day of the week. If all Christians abstained from casual commerce on Sunday, the marketplace would take notice!

One thing that I’ve done before I retired was when I needed to go to a weeklong conference, I would fly on Saturday. Then I could rent a car, find a less expensive hotel than where the conference was and find a church to be with other worshippers the next day. Going on Saturday also applied to one of the few that I’ve driven to that was within a day’s drive.

I don’t judge you for how you want to honor that day for the Lord.

It would make a much bigger difference to you if you did than it would to me.

And I’m not judging anyone either – I’m just trying to get people to see Father’s heart, for their own gain and his renown.

I’m not saying it’s not an important conversation, but when we get to the point where people are simply repeating what they’ve already said many times and making insinuations about others’ reading comprehension (or ability to understand God’s heart), then maybe it’s time to agree to disagree.

1 Like

I had to get a special dispensation from my management for one, but I saved enough with the hotel to pay for the car rental and the extra night (I expected to have to pay that out of pocket, but I didn’t need to :slightly_smiling_face:).

Having the car for the week was a boon, too – most attendees did not have wheels. I took a man from Mumbai out to eat who had never been out of India before, and I went to an early morning men’s group with some of the guys from the church.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.