Why There is No Proof of God

You mean you have put God in a box, the box of your understanding.

So the Creator is not free to interrupt the natural laws he had set in place.

Citations needed.

Not just the Natural Laws, but also the Spiritual Laws He created He chooses to follow. We do not know all the Natural Laws, nor the Spiritual Laws, but we don’t have to assume that God is a magician, just admit we do not know all of His logical Laws.

So you are not allowing him to do anything miraculous.

(And why are you capitalizing ‘Natural Laws’ and ‘Spiritual Laws’?)

Individuals’ personal issues with the doctrine of the Trinity have been going have been going on a long time and have been dealt with.

As @Christy said,

And she capitalized Church, meaning the church universal, aka ‘the holy catholic church’, not just a local body.

No, anything He does is within His Laws (capitalized because they are His). Just as the Big Bang was within His Laws, everything He did in the Bible was also. It was the rulers of the Roman Empire that eliminated logic, allowing them to do anything they wished in the name of God, and calling it a mystery. It is up to us to study His Natural Laws to discover what some of His Spiritual Laws might look like. And of course, Jesus described a few of them.

Does your cult have a name?

One of the discussion guidelines is that we don’t make public assessments about the validity or efficacy of other people’s faith (which includes refraining from deciding who is in and who is out) and we accept people’s religious self-identification. So I deleted your comment above.

But here is Shawn’s group, and you can make your personal assessment:

https://www.glzh.ch/index.php/en/134-home-gl-zurich-en

2 Likes

Since the Bible frowns on mediums and spiritists, my assessment was not difficult.

@Shawn_Murphy

Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?

(That was a rhetorical question. Implicit answer: We shouldn’t.)

Dear Dale,
As @Christy said, it is not nice to denigrate another member. I will answer your questions directly. The creator of mystery in Christianity was the emperor Justinian when he declared Origen of Alexandria anathema. Specifically the emperor declared: “If anyone says or thinks that the power of God is limited, and that he created as much as he was able to compass, let him be anathema.”

Early Christianity believed in the logic Socrates and taught that although God could theoretically do anything, He chooses to be Good, and not chaotic. Justinian made god chaotic, allowing the empire to do anything in God’s name.

Yes, one should not consult the dead as you note. 1 John 4 tells us how to insure that the spirits one consults are not dead, but from God. Why else would we be told how to determine this is if Jesus did not want us to consult the spirit of truth? How often do ministers invoke the “Holy Spirit” in their assertions?
Best Wishes, Shawn

You are advocating a type of gnosticism, and by definition and in fact, it is nonbiblical.

How can following the words of Jesus in the Bible be nonbiblical, another mystery?

Jesus upheld the prophet Isaiah, whom I quoted.

You are appealing to ‘mystery’, ‘knowledge’ that is accessible only through a msdium.

Yes, but you do not accept the concept behind “dead spirits” verses a spirit of God. Dead spirits, like Satan, are separate from God.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Nothing taught by the spirit of truth is not in the Bible. Jesus tell us that only God is Good. So if you accept a chaotic God, that is non-biblical.

Maybe you did not follow the link and did not see the rest of the verse:

Should not a people inquire of their God?

…and not mediums.

I haver read all of the bible regarding communications with the spirt world of God, including your passage in Isaiah. When your minister claims to have been inspirited by the holy spirit, have you asked him if he has followed 1 John 4?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:1-3)

Any spirit that says that Jesus is not God is a dead spirit and antichrist.

You have a spirit and I have a spirit, and false prophets have spirits. John is not talking about disembodied spirits.

You did not read the 14 passages in the bible where Jesus says He is not God? As I said, I only quote the Bible, not doctrine.