Why the universe is cold, is it made by The Creator as cold?, if it is so, then what is the source of making it cold, like sun is made to heat it up, my question is what is the source of energy to freeze it up?

Why the universe is cold, is it made by The Creator as cold???, if it is so, then what is the source of making it cold, like sun is made to heat it up, my question is what is the source of energy to freeze it up???

Hey, Faheem. Welcome to the Discourse! There is no “source” of cold. Cold is the natural state of things before they are heated up. “Hot” and “cold” are relative terms having to do with temperature. Temperature is the average kinetic energy of the molecules in a substance. Basically, when things are less energized to move, they are at a lower temperature. When they are more energized to move, they are at a higher temperature. Because of this, we can say that if a thing has no source of energy (and it has not already been energized), it’s natural state is a low temperature. If it doesn’t move at all, it is at absolute zero.

Furthermore, as things move, they lose energy (unless they are in a vacuum). Usually, this is due to gravity. Newton’s first law says that an object in motion will stay in motion, and in a uniform straight line, unless acted upon by an outside force. Also, an object at rest stays at rest until acted upon by an outside force. So, if a moving thing that is not in a vacuum keeps going without anything adding energy to it, it will decrease in average kinetic energy because of gravity: it will decrease in temperature.

The point of all that is to say that cold does not technically have a source, rather it is the result of the lack of an energy source.

The only exception is light, because light always moves at the same relative speed no matter what is going on around it. But that’s a very special case that doesn’t have much to do with this discussion.

So, did God create the cold? Sort of. Assuming that God created everything, He is the initial origin of all the laws of everything as well. The laws I’ve discussed were created by God, so in a sense God “gave the universe the possibility to be cold”.

Does that satisfy your question?

Respectfully,
Connor

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.