Why I came back to Christ (hopefully this time for good)

So it’s happened again, but this time I think it’s different.

I realised that the Noahide laws were advertised as a means of giving gentiles the chance of salvation, but truly were a means of reducing them to subjection. My Rabbis were telling me not to study the Torah beyond the 7 laws, and the Oral Torah, because (according to the Talmud) it is an inheritance for the Jews. I was also told not to study the ANE, as it was of no relevance to the Torah. Which caused me to find issues with Anti-Intellectualism. I was accused of ‘subversion’ for using the ANE to interpret the Bible. Plus I heard truly horrible things from my fellow Noahides, such as suggesting that Arabs should be expelled from the holy land and that Christians were filthy idol worshippers and human garbage.

So Ieft, I decided Orthodox Judaism was no more of a true religion than Islam or Mormonism. Yes, they have the Bible, so do Mormons. Interestingly, both Judaism and Christianity agree that the core of the Torah is to love thy neighbour, yet many in both religions would ignore such a teaching. I found Christianity was the religion which represented it the best however, as it lacks any burdensome commandments, beyond faith acting through love.

Please don’t take this the wrong way. I have nothing against the Jews as people, but merely think that Orthodox Judaism has ignored the true meaning of the Torah. Other Jews follow it better, even though I still have my disagreements.

1 Like

T.S. Eliot: “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

3 Likes

Happy for you, Reggie! Best wishes for your peace.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.