Why BioLogos is important, in one article

http://www.stategazette.com/story/2356484.html

1 Like

“Started as goo, to zoo, to you.”

Gotta love it. We need to get in on this fun “rhyming slogans to mischaracterize other people’s perspectives” action.

1 Like

If it doesn’t fit on a bumper sticker, then it’s too complicated for public discourse.
—except I didn’t get that to rhyme. Sorry!

“If I don’t get it, just forget it.”

Ouch. Unfortunately a fifth grade level of discourse is sorta par for the course in many of Creation vs. evolution debates.

I saw a bit of that myself today as I held one of my “stump the professor” classes today. All anonymous questions about evolution in which I have four minutes on the clock to respond. These are biology majors but many of them have never thought about these issues much beyond the level that is in that article. Four minutes isn’t enough time to be very thorough but it allows them to get a glimpse of where the root of many misconceptions may be found. Classics such as “how could proteins still exist in 65 million year old dinosaurs bones still exist” and “how come rocks we observed come from Mt. St. Helens explosion have been dated to millions of years old?” where in today’s mix.

2 Likes

For biblical literalists: “God said it, you read it-- don’t edit.”

2 Likes

Biologos or Bio-bogus

3 Likes

One time I was talking to someone and they said that the gospel was easy enough for a child to understand, so that meant that if science was biblical, a child should be able to understand it. And that is why they liked AIG, because even children could understand the articles. Hmmmm. It seems the logic for that argument is even below a fifth grade level.

Wow, they made Dawkins come off sounding almost reasonable for a while there.