Why a Designer?

As far as I’m aware, no one has found any close good candidates yet. Something resembling hemichordates would be a likely candidate, but as I said before–without preservation even beyond most Lagerstatten, they would just look like generic worms, because internal anatomy is required for identifying most of the modern phyla of worms.

Okay. Thanks for your opinion.

Lagerstatten - i didn’t know beer came from dirt.

Boy are you wrong there (at least in the U.S. where it goes hand in hand with young-earthism)! YECism chases many churched young people away and it is repugnant to others because of the good science revealing antiquity of the earth and cosmos. I can cite at least one survey that indicates so.

And there you go with your silly extremist language again – ‘hordes’. The vacuous vocabulary does not strengthen your arguments. At all.

Ah, good ol’ Günther. He does good paleontology except for the forest, the forest he cannot see because his nose is glued to the bark of a tree.

I wonder how much intervention you see? I am guessing it is more than most (I will stop short of saying more than is)

Scripture claims God has a purpose so that will, by default, include planning. I am not sure I can say anything else

Richard

Do you see planning and design in the interventions into Maggie’s and Rich Stearns’ lives?

A yes or no will suffice. (But that would be too short to be allowed to post. ; - )

The answer would be the same. I see no point is you repeating the same basic question

Richard

There is a point. That was a ‘yes’ then, correct?

So the next question, since there is obvious intent, design and planning in those sequences of multiple events, can you prove scientifically there was intent and that they were not just extreme flukes and the result of mere randomness?

Other species represent a major part of the environment for a given species. Change is constant in the ecological web, which presents in selective pressures and niche opportunities. No species is an island.

As well, if parasitism is beyond the reach of natural cause, the alternative is immediate divine design. Considering the wretched course of many such invasions, that presents an seeming insurmountable challenge to theodicy.

1 Like

… yet none of the ID advocates who write for evolutionnews.org is a YEC.

To to fair to Gunter, he doesn’t claim to be an expert on forests.

Atheists are intellectually dishonest. Have you noticed how they always use the ugly and horrible aspects of life to argue “intellectually” against the existence of God, but never use the beautiful and wonderful things in life to argue for the existence of God?

In effect, atheists curse God for all the bad things, but never thank God for any of the good things.

At that point we weren’t talking specifically about ID advocates who write for “Evolution News” (at least one of whom is a Mormon, interestingly).

Maybe so are evolution deniers, unintentionally.

Let me invite you to at least read (and maybe more wisely, only read) here: The Two Views (and a mix).

By your logic, theists are intellectually dishonest as well, just reverse the order.

I do not need to generalize against atheists to commit to being a theist.

2 Likes

The hollow fangs of a venonmous snake and their connection to the snake’s poison glands - an obvious example of divine intent.

Why don’t you take something out of context and ignore the real question, speaking of intent… and dishonesty.

Oh, it probably wasn’t intentional dishonesty, just ignorance of the context. Good grief.

You may have a point. I still think it boils down to my original premise: If you want to believe in God, you’ll find a way. If you don’t want to believe in God, you’ll find a way.