Who Doubts that God Does Miracles?

Yes, you do!

I have no doubt that you would be the only person to come to that conclusion. Browse my posts, open your mind and see the evidence that exists.

Show me a miracle.

You’re no doubt a good guy (well good as in our definition of the word) but you shouldn’t just wave off my posts because you feel your faith is stronger.

What does that mean? Islam says hi. Very strange.

That was to the moderator who deleted the relevant post explaining why I typed that. He warned me not make sweeping claims regarding the beliefs of Millions of people, I pointed out that he and every other Christian does just that in regards to other religions. Islam also has Millions of followers.

You are correct. It is supposed to be a Christian blog.

I see nothing intellectual in what you say

Everyone of necessity believes in miracles. even the scientific world. Because there is no other option. Here’s why: thegodreality.org/miraclesofscience.html

Everyone of necessity believes in miracles. even the scientific world. Because there is no other option. Here’s why: thegodreality.org/miraclesofscience.html

I think the key issue is not “miracles” … but how “miracles” are defined. There are LOTS of scientists who don’t believe in miracles as we might believe in them.

Yes. It sounds really ignorant that you have placed your personal life experience and your one human brain’s assessment of reality in an unarguably superior position over the personal experience of millions of other people worldwide who have seen and experienced miracles. You can be skeptical. But to flat out call millions of people whom you don’t know and whose experience you don’t have deluded liars is arrogant and narrow-minded.

I suggest you do some actual research before you type out another anti-miracle-believer rant. Here’s a good start: Craig Keener’'s Miracles

2 Likes

Christy. I have already shown why Miracles most likely do not happen. God would have to be a cruel, careless monster to perform a miracle for one but deny it for another, ESPECIALLY a disabled child.

You call me arrogant? The believer who thanks God for saving them from a car collision is arrogant. Especially when that same God will turn a blind eye as an innocent child actually gets hit and killed by one elsewhere in the World…

I could go to any Church building and hear stories of miracles. Healthy, middle-class people with barely a care in the World will tell me how God has blessed them and saved them from trouble…

Try looking for miracles outside your safe little suburban paradise…

I have few doubts that Jesus performed the miracles described in the Bible… But modern miracle testimonies? Nay.

If I cannot be convinced otherwise, I’ll take my defiance to the grave. And I’ll do it for dead and disabled children everywhere.

@Find_My_Way Sometimes the way God actually works defies our brilliant reasoning. Sometimes you have to move beyond what sounds logical and obvious to you and do some research. In this case, some pretty meticulous research has already been done, and you are paying no attention to it. You have dished out a lot of criticism lately to YEC believers who haven’t looked at any evidence and form their scientific opinions on gut instinct and what sounds good to them. You are forming your theological opinions in much the same way.

About the book I told you to read to educate yourself: “Keener’s discussion of New Testament miracles adduces a uniquely–indeed staggeringly–extensive collection of comparative material. That eyewitnesses frequently testify to miraculous healings and other ‘extranormal’ events is demonstrated beyond doubt. Keener mounts a very strong challenge to the methodological skepticism about the miraculous to which so many New Testament scholars are still committed. It turns out to be an ethnocentric prejudice of modern Western intellectuals. So who’s afraid of David Hume now?”
–Richard Bauckham, St. Andrews University; Ridley Hall, Cambridge

You have categorically rejected something because it doesn’t fit a worldview you are committed to and you have refused to look at evidence or do any research. You cannot be convinced otherwise. Hmm, sounds like the pot has been calling the kettle black.

I HAVE done my homework. Trust me, I don’t WANT to not believe in modern miracles. It’d make my Theism a lot easier to maintain to be sure! But the evidence AGAINST these SEEMINGLY miraculous experiences far outweighs the evidence for them.

Ultimately, even if a miracle were shown to me, if someone had convincing evidence that they were treated to a divine intervention, I would be unable to feel anything but disgust in God and His ways for the reasons I have mentioned. God does not (or rather should not) play favourites.

At most I can accept that my definition and understanding of a miracle is incorrect and does not happen. I am happy to accept that life is a miracle that occurs everyday. But I must be wrong in my assumption that miracles are instances of people being healed or saved from life-threatening circumstances. Because that definitely does NOT happen.

What homework? I see nothing here. You should take her advice if you are so opened minded.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.