What are your reasons for accepting Christianity (if you are a Christian). I personally find most scientific arguments unconvincing. I am more convinced by the following facts.
- The fact that the birth of Jesus perfectly symbolised the defeat of the watchers.
- Numerology, including the fact that the Jerusalem Temple fell in 70 AD, 70 being a biblical number.
- Some miracles, both by Jesus and not by Jesus. Including the empty tomb, the appearances to James and Paul, and also this
- Prayer has proven positive effects on self control, and thus lowers crime.
- Christianity perfectly acts as a counterbalance to postmodern craziness, which came about as a response to the west abandoning Christ.
- Christianity gives a coherent explanation for why the wackier and more dangerous elements of postmodernism exist, especially those which seem bizarre. As the Bible says, God will send a strong delusion against those who commit sin. The influence of Satan, as God of this World should not be discounted either.
- The Old Testament predicted historical facts from the New Testament, including the historical fact of Jesus’ crucifixion.
I know, I know, I’m crazy.