What is evidence that Covid came from nature and not out of a lab?

So now you’re conflating yourself with Jesus Christ?

1 Like

I put my faith in Jesus not man.

Where do you put your faith?

That has nothing to do with whether or not you have any credibility in your claim to being a scientist.

@moderators, this should maybe be a private conversation?

Perhaps so. One thing seems for sure, though. The recent exchange here does seem mostly free of any actual data, or persuasive argument that isn’t of a personal nature; and so rather pointless to continue. If Scott has anything more than doubt or fear to offer, then he is welcome to do so. Short of that, you are free to leave such posts alone.

1 Like

In Jesus. 

1 Like

Thats good I am glad. Lets not let earthly things divide what is united in the spirit.

I am just sharing information and knowledge as best I know as I believe everyone should have all the information to make informed understanding and decisions

Probabilities can’t be assigned.

My position is based on the principle of innocent until proven guilty. These are pretty serious accusations, so there needs to be some hint of evidence. To use an example from one of my previous posts, it would be completely unfair for someone to publicly ask “What are the chances that Joe Smith beats his children?” when there is absolutely no evidence for child abuse.

5 Likes

I’d give it about a 95% chance that you’ll take my words 100% literally. :grinning:

100% agreed.

2 Likes

Including that one?

1 Like

It will be nearly impossible to show it came from a lab unless someone fesses up and shows it came from their lab unlikely. Although it’s suspicious that claimed found evidence in Europe months prior ( I doubt this data)

To prove it came from nature is easy find it in a zoonotic population.

Well this is interesting. Li-Meng Yan. Claiming it came from lab in Wuhan, which she learnt through her connections prior to fleeing Hong Kong. Interesting to see what they publish in terms of evidence, which she says they are about to do - she seems to at least be sufficiently qualified to know what the word means.

She certainly lacks media training, and although this in itself does not have bearing on what she has to say, but when you have something important to say, go to the most established media networks, the Guardian, etc, not a show called ‘Loose Women.’

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Limeng_Yan

Thanks Brett. Interesting. Probably no other media outlets will pick up her story. But ya information is not being suppressed ? Lol.

And the sheep were led two by two.

Claims:

1. PhD immunologist and virologist at Hong Kong School of Public Health WHO reference lab, focused on influenza and corona. In Dec she was sent to investigate cluster of unknown virus cases ‘pneumonia’ in Wuhan. Her reports were passed to her WHO supervisor. There was no response and eventually she was warned to stop making noise about it.
  2. Part of her investigation indicated that it didn’t begin in the seafood market. She claims it came from a corona virus from the lab in Wuhan which was modified. Her evidence emerged from her contacts in China and during her investigation - (they kept interrupting her in the interview so not sure.)
  3. She has since been working with scientists in the US on two reports, first one to be released within days - focused on the genome sequence - the ‘fingerprint’ as she referred to it. She’s staking her credibility on the report.

I genuinely hope it isn’t true, or if it is, that the release was a mishap. The implications of otherwise are more than disturbing. We’ll see. I normally wouldn’t post something that is currently baseless - but it was so topical in light of the discussion.

Thank you Brett. I honestly hope it didn’t come from a lab as well but the truth is only beholden to God.

Well she is pretty convincing and definitely knowledgeable and credible having worked with WHO and a leading cornavirus researcher.

Who knows ( pun intended) but one way or the other 2020 just keeps getting better.

As the saying goes show me the incentive and I will show you the outcome.

her former employer, the University of Hong Kong, criticized her account. A press release noted “that the content of the said news report does not accord with the key facts as we understand them.” “Specifically, Dr Yan never conducted any research on human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus at [the University of Hong Kong] during December 2019 and January 2020, her central assertion of the said interview.”

Interesting. Given the conflict of Hong Kong and China, one has to look at these sort of reports skeptically.

4 Likes

Like the Chinese would intentionally release it in one of their most populous cities. :roll_eyes: To what benefit?

2 Likes