What exactly is the infamous Unforgivable Sin?

In the Shakespearian sense, thank you. You really are a damnationist.

Are you talking about the OT or the NT? Because if we take the first commandment from the OT what you are implying here is that people from other religions are basically dammed and cannot even convert to christianity. Even if they do they are dammed. So i think you meant the command" Love God with all your heart ,your soul and your mind

Dear Nick,
I was speaking of the 10 commandments in the OT.

No, I am not implying anything about damnation, this is not a christ-like doctrine. I am just saying that those who sin against the spirit have to pay it back, but not for an eternity.
Best wishes, Shawn

We are speaking of the unforgivable sin remind you.

You explicitly said the first one. Which is in short " Im the Lord your God. You shall have no others gods or worship idols before me"

As an authority on this matter, who does this apply to? The lite version looks like normal human self righteous hypocrisy.

When people chose lies over the Truth, that is the4 unforgiveable sin.
When people chose conspiracy theories over the facts, that is the unforgiveable sin.
Wen people chose fear, anger, and hate over love, that is the unforgivable sin.
When people chose ideology over Reality, that is the unforgiveable sin.

It is unforgivable not because God can’t forgive it, but because these sins create a barrier between us and God that keeps us from asking for forgiveness. “Forgive us as we forgive others.” Who is the man who never says he is sorry and is leading our nation and the world straight to damnation?

1 Like

So if someone do all of the above their character doesnt let them to ask for forgiveness? I doubt that. You are basically saying that the human nature is unforgivable

What I am saying is that if someone is 100% selfish, then she or he feels no need to ask for forgiveness for being selfish. Only people who are human enough to know that hurting others is not right will ask for forgiveness.

That’s everyone except psychopaths, who can’t help that. Forgiveness from whom? For what? Or else what?

1 Like

Exacatly so ill ask @Relates .Are pshychopaths then unforgiven?

Forgiveness from the Father of Jesus, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, our Creator, The Almighty God.
For everything that has not been done in love, faith and obedience to that same God.
Their name will not be written in the Book of Life and they will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

I know you have to believe that Cody. If that’s Love, then I won’t need throwing.

That covers everyone, all people, here without exception. And why do we need forgiveness from God again?

Yea, we are all sinners, bur some people refuse to admit this fact. It is like AA. The first step in recovery is to admit you have a problem, and the most common reason people do not recover is they do not admit they really have a problem.

We need forgiveness from God all the time because we sin against God all the time, just as we sin against others all the time.

We are forgiven by God through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This breaks the power of sin over us and opens the door to eternal life, when we repent and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We are saved, but we are not perfected and we need to renew our relationship to God, others. and ourselves. .

If we minimize sin against others by commission and omission are there yet greater, more lethal or worse sins against God? I.e. can one not sin against others yet still sin against God in any meaningful way?

What about all of those who are forgiven by others and/or do their damnedest to make amends, renew their relationship to those others they’ve actually sinned against - abused power is some way - whilst knowing nothing of Christ? Why do they need God’s forgiveness? To sin less? There’s no evidence for that.

You seem to be asking the question, Is there a relationship between our spiritual lives and our morality? The answer is Yes.

Human beings who have harmed others need to ask for forgiveness of others. They also need to ask forgiveness from God Who created those people and cares about them. Jesus Christ reveals to us how much God loves us and how much God lives everyone of God’s people which includes every single person.

First of all we need to understand that we are all sinners. We cannot ask for forgiveness unless we know that we need it. Second, when we know we have sinned, we need to confess that and ask for forgiveness so we can be forgiven. We need God’s forgiveness because we have done wrong, whether we know Christ on not…

2 Likes

You cant ask for forgivenes though if you dont know him

1 Like

I agree, having a sense of the sacred is a dimension to morality for good and ill. Which has nothing to do with absolute morality, which is meaningless of course. But we can nonetheless judge how our morality measures up, i.e. the framework, not how we fall through it.

If we know we’ve hurt another human we can, but we need to make amends far more. The problem comes when we can’t make amends despite wanting to. We can’t undo the evil we have done. God will of course, which is the ultimate outworking of forgiveness: all will be well for all. It makes forgiveness meaningful beyond life.

correct as you deny the Spirit. It is the price of free will and will put you in eternal damnation by default.If you do not know of the spirit, e.g. never encountered him in the past you can still accept him on transition to the next level. Clearly you will share company with those who want to be their own authority for eternity and suffer from it. Enjoy it - if you can.
The whole point of puberty is to overcome it eventually and accept authority of the self again willingly by wanting to give away your self. But there are those who succumb the temptation of the self and want to be one forever as wanting to be like him themself instead of being part of him again by giving up the self because “they don’t want to”.

I still remember asking my son-
Why don’t you go to sleep?
“I don’t want to” was the normal answer. The one that took us all by surprise was “Because my eyes won’t close” and really made me ROFL.