What Christians say - What I Hear (C-19 Edition)

I’m self-indulgently using this thread to blow off steam. But also offering an opportunity to laugh at the silly things the we/our brothers and sisters (whom we dearly love) say. In times like this, laughing keeps you sane.

The idea is simple, you post something you’ve heard a Christian say about anything C-19 related and what you really hear.

I’ll start.

“I think meeting together is a step of faith for us right now”.
What I hear: those who are concerned about meeting out of concerns the virus might spread lack faith in God.

“I’ll only wear a mask where required to by law”
What I hear: I’m unwilling to make sacrifices for the safety of others.

In all these things, I doubt this is what the person really means, but it is how it comes across. Feel free to chip in with your own.

2 Likes

“God sent COVID-19 because we all needed to rest.”
What hear: You evidently have had a nice break, but there are a lot of people excluded from your “all,” and you have a problematic view of God’s instructional methods.

2 Likes

I hear:
Meeting together in an indoor arena without masks will bring us closer to God

• physically
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.