Were humans created with a sinful nature?

You have a brain only capable of understinf certain things . Certainly you cant understand the supernatural.
Us humans in general cant understand the spuernatural

So youd rather live in a world of rape,torture,sadness,corruption etc etc? Yeah with that logic i know now why you said that quote above

So? You can blaspheme ,torture,murder and literally go against God in every possible way. I wasnt speaking solely about Jesus. Yoy can humiliate God everyday. He created you with that power.

Nothing supernatural involved here Nick.

Logical fallacies. If there is another way then say it.

How can you create free will where there is no choices?

Few other things. We don’t go to heaven. Heaven overlaps with earth. We will still have free will in restoration. Restoration can be traced throughout the bible with a wide range of pictures ( all symbolisms with Jewish meanings often misunderstood ).

Dying and being in a restored earth will be great. I still have no reason to wish I was dead right now. I also have no reason to wish for a massive extinction to kill everyone and everything right now.

Disagree with a lot but your argument here compliments mine. Still God could make you with not freee will amd everything would have been fine from the begining.

God is supernatural
Its a spiritual beign. You cant understand it. Neither do i

Disagree all you want. Until you an provide a counter argument it’s nothing.

If there was a better way then why can’t you state it?
If there was a better way why did God not do it?

This will be last response.

Logical fallacies are logical fallacies and you can’t just say “‘for of the gaps”’there is a way it’s just unknown when you can’t provide a counter argument and part of what you do know
Is that God screwed up and could have done it better.

Nothing there is even remotely convincing.

I said there is a way. He could have created us without free will. Are you even reading my responses or youre to mad because you dont make sense?

Did just now. There are more but for you these are “logical fallacies” as you have makw yourself a god it seems

Dont know . You dont know. No ones knows. He only knows so well ask him when the times come i guess

“The only thing that i know is that i know nothing” Socrates

Stop making yourself sound smrat by saying “logical fallacies still apply to God blah blah”. You DONT KNOW

It would convice me they believe in the same God as me. “A rose would smell just as sweet by any other name.”

Vinnie

1 Like

I agree. I would add that works done for the proper reason can show legitimate repentance. Or general charity could be a person dismissing organized religions but living live according to God’s law written on their hearts. But I think I am more of a pluralist than you.

This not what Christianity teaches at all. Paul (who may not have authored Ephesians anyways) or Pauline thought needs to be tempered by James. James says plainly that intellectual faith is meaningless. Even the demons believe and shudder. I’ve long maintained that you can know the transforming and risen Jesus through many different paths outside of his historic 1-4 year incarnation. Long have I believed ideology related to the saying from Shakespeare about a rose by any other name smelling just as sweet.

I believe in Grace because I don’t believe my works are could enough. I am not good enough. I fail daily to do the things I know I should and actually do the things I know I shouldn’t. Whether I am set up to fail or not, I believe in repentance. Why? Because I know this things are wrong and I proper whether I am predisposed to do them or not. The point m

When I stop to listen to God I become recentered and spiritually things go better than when I ground my thoughts and actions in my own will and intellectual awesomeness. I am less likely to do things I shouldn’t even if predisposed to them. That might be the point after all. To fight enculturation. To fight bad habits, to resist hollow worldly philosophy. To ground oneself in the Light.

I haven’t formulated a systematic theology of all the terms like grace nor do I care to. I think terms I n a biblical book and between books can be used differently and in the latter case, may be more prone to use them in a way that even conflicts with others. Forgiveness is grace to me. God choosing to come to earth to show me the way, to show me the error or my ways, is grace. It is God’s love. Grace, love, forgiveness, roll it all into one fuzzy term for me. I’m not into proof-text hunted definitions. Getting too specific there defies the nature of scripture for me. I’m not into what Mitchell calls blood magic either. Though this doesn’t mean I agree that justice might not have to be doled out in the next life. I can’t know that, only that water with plasma, made of protons, neutrons and electrons, is not the literal key to salvation and forgiveness.

Vinnie

Would you be surprised if I said that that was not compelling, for any number of reasons. One umbrella reason has to do with the spiritual realm that many if not most Christians believe in.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Ephesians 6:12

[The] devil… is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:44

…even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14

The point being, that even if the Sai Baba events happened as described, they are counterfeit truth. There is also the little detail that he is venerated as a god: “an Indian spiritual master who is regarded by his devotees to be a manifestation of Sri Dattaguru.” (Wikipedia) And we’re talking about a polytheistic belief system that worships idols.

I did notice one significant difference between those accounts and Maggie’s. See if you can deduce it.

Then it would not have been a two creation model, would it. Reread what I said about his purposes – the way he did it was no accident and is not a problem if you understand them. That is not to say that there is no patience required on our part.

Dont know what you mean by that.

You claimed above that God didnt intentended to create a perfect world. Thats is a ridicilous claim. If your god didnt intented that then he is an evil one. Thankfully i dont believe in a God like that

Tiring of hearing the same things here. I guess al Christians here have this thought about "patience " and “when the times right” . The more i hear it the more pissed off i get because it doesnt apply to everyone.

One more thing. This is subjective thought. What patience does he require us for?

I explained it above.

Again it doesnt need to be a 2-creation model.

I dont get why people cant understand what im saying. You know God could have avoided all of this. Thats all im saying. Heck he didnt even need to be crucified if he wanted to

I don’t get why you don’t get that it needed to be a two creation plan, and I don’t blame him.

It’s objectively Paul.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

We are in the here and now.
The question is, how are you going to overcome the temptation to sin that comes at you each day? How will you be safe from sin and the condemnation that comes to those who continue in it?

Sure. But for what he requires patience though?

What are you referring to? I ​do realize that in order to be saved, that you need to do more than just believe that god exists. But my point was that if you cant even get past this initial step then you can’t have a relationship with god and hence according to most Christians at least, you cant achieve salvation.

This is exactly the type of thing that confuses me about Christianity. If you cant analyze something intellectually and disect and study it, then how can you be sure that it is real or true, especially when we are subject to all kinds of mental and cultural biases. How can you tell whether a religious belief is just superstition or not? And what is worse, is that that the bible seems so vague and contains many apparent contradictions (which may be real or not). Being omniscient, god would have know that if he revealed his word in the way he did, that people would struggle to interpret it. And being omnipotent, it didnt have to be this way. And yet hundreds of millions of people over two thousand years later are still arguing over the correct interpretation. Why?

I must admit many of the points you make go straight over my head, but I do read and try understand them and I appreciate our cordial interaction.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question – are you asking why God needs to be patient?

May I ask a question?
What are you looking for, what is your final goal in all your interactions here?
What is your final goal in life.

1 Like