Was Abraham Father of the Jews or of Humanity?

Abraham has a mind

No, we have no idea when that took place. But the Church has traditionally accepted March 25 as the date of the Annunciation. It’s part of the liturgical calendar in the West.

Abraham walk the earth

Abraham learns

That is not what Jesus told us.
John 16:7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit) to you to be in close fellowship with you.
Christians believe the Holy Spirit came to dwell in all Christians beginning on the Day of Pentecost as recorded in Acts 2. Before Pentecost people may have had an experience with the Holy Spirit but it was not the constant indwelling that Jesus promised to His followers.

1 Like

We can lie and deceive ourselves.

[Blessed is the one who]…speaks truth IN his heart.
Psalm 15:2

Abraham sees rocks

Abraham sits

While ignoring what Jesus actually said on the subject. Sorry but I place more importance on the words of Jesus than stretching other verses to make them mean what I want them to mean.

So where does it say Elizabeth had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit before the baby leaped? Are there any verses that say Elizabeth continued to be filled? There is a difference between someone having an experience with the Holy Spirit and a constant indwelling of the Holy Spirit. You think the constant indwelling is for all of humanity and that is not what Jesus and the rest of the NT says.

How come Muhammad wanted a wife who’s nine years old and Muhammad met her when she was 6 years old. Why do that for?

Couldn’t her parents stop this from happening?

Are you playing this “Holy Spirit” card to proclaim that you are right?

• Is this for real that Christians believes Jesus’ physical body rose to heaven? I have never thought about this, 'till now.

• How can physical body manage the environment of space to this heaven? This is a science question

• Example there’s no air in space correct, how did Physical body of Jesus breath, and is there air in heaven where Jesus lungs can breath?

Ok so this is also on topic about Abraham for humanity.

• How come God made Sarah wait 'till she’s so old to get pregnant?

His body was transformed. It’s not about traveling through space.

The Hebrews believed Heaven to be above the dome of the firmament, which is the way many people think of it today. However, given what we are told about Heaven it may not be a physical location in our space/time. God certainly exists outside of space/time so it is reasonable to assume that Heaven would also.

You can’t use science to answer a question about the supernatural. After the resurrection Jesus appeared to be the same. He ate, talked with the Apostles, and allowed Thomas to touch Him. However He was also different. He appeared in a locked room and traveled great distances for instance.

Abraham sings

No, I shared a translation that says speaks truth in the heart.

How do you know it is the Holy Spirit.

We lie to ourselves to conform our thoughts to our desires and justify wrong behaviors, including behaviors of the mind. For instance, there are some who have convinced themselves that the spiritual, the supernatural, cannot exist, thereby relieving themselves of any responsibility towards God (they don’t want God to exist).

Abraham loves life

This is what I think about evidence: Evidence that is foolish to deny

She has an interesting perspective. She believes that she is a reincarnated ancient Egyptian.

1 Like

Bizarre, and on what evidence, speaking of lying to yourself.