Understanding Genesis and Science: Why educators should give students the freedom to question

To me anyway, a secular society is one where there is no official state religion. So one may practice any religion at all. Or even no religion, for that matter.

1 Like

I differ slightly in our interpretation; however, I will discuss the topic no further. Patrick and I understand each other now and that is what is important. I had a right to question him on what he meant since a “Secular Society” can mean so many things to people. Patrick is not upset about my questions to him, and I am not upset with him. We had a discussion and now it is over. If he is disturbed in any way, he and I can discuss this privately. I have nothing against Patrick. I consider him a friend. If he and I have come into a peaceful agreement, does that mean everyone else must join and make matters worse? What is the purpose of that? I only wanted clarification with him since he and I were discussing the topic. We came to a good agreement; therefore, why should others what to pour salt in a cut place? There is no reason to do so. As I said, if Patrick feels that I have mistreated him in any way, he and I can discuss that privately. Patrick is a man of reason just as I am.

1 Like

When i ask tough questions on bio logos I am quickly shut up and told I am attempting to fight someone in the Bio-logos Website because my questions are too controversial. What makes one think that A person{student}could ask serious questions in a Pro evolution class room where nothing except evolution could be accepted as an answer??

1 Like

C’mon @martin. No one tells you to shut up because your views are controversial, we tell you to be nice and not to yell at people in ALL CAPS all the time. Don’t be such a martyr. :persevere:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.