The Surprising Chemical Story behind the Cambrian Explosion

How did the mysterious creatures of the Cambrian explosion come to be? Chemistry may hold a clue.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blogs/kathryn-applegate-endless-forms-most-beautiful/the-surprising-chemical-story-behind-the-cambrian-explosion

Thanks Dr McFarland. I read Stephen Meyer’s ‘Darwin’s Doubt’ and am now reading your ‘A World From Dust’… I find it far more satisfying to explore the intriguing behavior of elements that God created than to look for holes to ‘insert’ God to explain our natural world. Thank you for your efforts. Keep writing!

2 Likes

Thanks for this engaging and accessible treatment of a very interesting current topic in evolutionary creationism.

I just have one question: Where’s the web page that guided you to those fossils? Some of us with kids and possible future hopes of visiting the Canadian Rockies would love to know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the link to a three-part trip report on my personal blog:

And I think that links to the other pages about the hike. If not, a search for Stanley Glacier and fossil and hike should do it.

Thanks for reading, and hope you can make the hike someday!

1 Like

Thanks! It does have the link. Bookmarked, and I hope we can, too! :slight_smile:

In re,ading abouT the Great Oxidation! Event it seems to me that Meyer is right in saying that Darwinism does not explain the Cambrian explosion!

However this doesn’t mean that the science of ecology cannot explain it wth some 20/20 hindsight. No wonder there is so much confusion.

We have a false dichotomy.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.