The Supremacy of God the Father in the Trinity

Although I know there is another thread running on the topic of Trinity, my concern on this thread is different. I am more interested whether my view of trinity is valid even though it might not be the traditional understanding of trinity. Although I agree that there are three persons in one God, I believe that God the Father has the supremacy among the three. I might say that He is the person in charge (in command) of the Godhead.

As such, there is a hierarchy in the Godhead. The three persons of God are not equal.
I see that there are many bible references that confirm this understanding.

My question is whether this understanding of trinity is acceptable or flawed?

1 Like

An interesting idea and given that even Christ says, “i send you my holy spirit”, so it would on the surface appear the Godhead is hierarchical and that Christ is second and the Holy spirit third.

I am aware that there are problems with the Godhead being a hierarchy though.

For example…Christ said He would raise Himself from the dead (destroy this temple and i will raise it again in 3 days).

Dont forget Isaiah 9:6 where Christ is clearly all forms of the Godhead (unto us a child is born…He shall be called wonderful Counsellor, everlasting Father, mighty God, Prince of peace etc).

Will be interesting to see how this dicussion plays out.

Not sure about Christ being second and the Holy Spirit being third, but in the overall picture of the persons in the Godhead, God the Father is above all.

In the Lord’s prayer (Mt 6:9-15), Jesus taught us to pray to the Father, not to Jesus. In fact, I can say that in all passages about prayer, we are taught to pray directly to the Father in the name of Jesus.

Acts 2:33
Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.
Question: "Why is Jesus at the right hand of God? So who is sitting on the throne? The Father God Himself with Jesus at His right hand.

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil 2:9-11)
All these things is to give glory to God the Father.

In fact, if we take the time to study the bible, we see how God the Father is the initiator of the salvation. He is the planner of the salvation. He sent Jesus His Son. He gave Jesus the plan of salvation. He is the source of Love. It is unbelievable how great is our God the Father who deserves all our praise.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.