The Lies of AiG

The problem is there is no still water anywhere to deposit hundreds of feet of chalk, as I said. You can’t just bypass the first part.

Hi Matthew, I hear you but how did you get out? How were you able to start letting go of literalism and accept the science? I have heard from many ex-YECS and seen many video testimonials about how YECs have finally come into contact with real science with an open mind and have suddenly realised that all they have been taught was wrong.

I realise that for those who are deeply embedded in the cult and mentally in chains, it is very difficult, but nevertheless thousands of them break free every year.

So, either they agree with the side that you chose or they’re liars or deceived. Funny how that works both ways.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So, you believe in the big bang, stellar evolution and so forth? What if each step were impossible?

Recourse to scripture is a game we can all play to support our opposing positions and so it resolves nothing. This is why man invented the scientific method and peer review. Hopefully one day you will escape your indoctrination and see this and join us.

1 Like

Not impossible to someone who understands the science and is not committed to literal interpretations as a basis of their bogus views.

The impossibilities you speak of are YEC fabrications and hold no water scientifically and have all been refuted repeatedly.

Patrick, why not learn the real science instead of constantly pushing out this misinformation and nonsense?

Ok Pete. Since you won’t go away, explain these.

Begin with the big bang. Newtonian physics and thermodynamics. No effect can happen without a cause. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

It is impossible to form stars in space using gravity alone. Boyle’s gas law. The fact that everything is moving apart from everything else at close to light speed just makes things worse.

It is impossible to form planets using gravity alone in space. It’s like playing pool at thousands of mph and expecting the balls to stick together.

The law of biogenesis

You don’t need radiometric dating to date old cities and other biblical archeology. I would post a link to some of the other methods they use, but I’ve been accused of spamming links already.

Yes I am combative, but I am merely motivated to stop the spread of the pseudo science and misinformation by YECs. This is why I am challenging you. The fact that you are not up to the challenge is unfortunate, because I think in another life, one where you have escaped the cult of YECism, we would actually get along.

And there is a fact that you haven’t answered my last challenge. You keep attacking me instead of my arguments.

As I have said many many times, it is pointless trying to discuss science with someone who does not understand science. Patrick, clearly you do not accept science or understand it properly. You believe that scientists are just blind biased godless fools. Yet somehow you are so brilliant as to be able to find holes in all the work of tens of thousands of scientists across multiple disciplines! (And you think scientists to be arrogant???)

No amount of evidence or argument will impact you, as evidenced by your constant rejection and ignoring of everything everyone here has said to you. I am not prepared to wast time going down that rabbit hole with you until you take the time to learn and understand science properly and stop getting your information solely from the YEC echo-chamber. If you learn the science I will take the time to step you through answers to all those questions at least as far as science can answer them.

Lastly, even if it was the case that science had no answers to those questions, this would be evidence of science not having an answer, and NOT evidence of supernatural agency. This would be just argument from ignorance and god of the gaps thinking.

Please, just learn the science.

1 Like

25 posts were split to a new topic: What is knowledge and is it ever non-empirical?

About YEC flood geology. What good is it? How many oil exploration companies that use flood geology to find oil. I think it is none. There was one that tried and it fizzled.
Flood geology seems useful for convincing Christians who don’t know anything about geology, that the real geologists are fundamentally wrong about geology, and feeding their persecution complex.
News flash. It isn’t just mainstream science that is against YEC. Nature itself is against you. For example, there is no good YEC answer for the Distant Starlight Problem. How can we see objects over 6000 light years away if the light only had 6000 years to travel that distance? We shouldn’t even be able to see most of our own galaxy.

Yes. That’s why it’s so hard for the other side to feel respected in these discussions. It’s not really a “my interpretation of the Bible” vs. “your interpretation of the Bible” issue like with baptism or divorce. Both sides believe the other side believes and promotes lies. Both sides believe the other side is damaging the church’s witness and contributing to ruining the faith of young people. So even though it’s a secondary issue, it’s important. I think you believe lies that destroy faith. I realize you believe the same about what I think. So there we are.

3 Likes

I would say I accept the evidence for that position, rather than deny it.

What if, with more knowledge on the topic, you would no longer ask questions like this? It’s fine not to know or understand something and if you want to have an honest discussion about any of these topics we should start a new thread.

4 Likes

I was thinking of shale, not chalk but chalk doesn’t help your cause. According to AIG chalk was formed during the flood, but these hundreds of feet formed during a chaotic flood and yet somehow escaped having other debris mixed in? Then the chalk has to have other sedimentary rock laid down over the deposits, flint has to form in the chalk, and the deposits have to be lifted. There is no way to compress this into a single year.

The flood was almost a year and a half, but the repercussions lasted decades, probably centuries. The land, which had been one, split apart after the flood and after the animals had a chance to populate all corners of it.

There are a couple of differences. My first argument isn’t to call people in debate rooms heathens and uneducated or brainwashed. But brainwashing is exactly what’s going on since the theory of evolution was proposed. They teach it like a fact not only in schools and colleges, but on children’s TV aimed at preschoolers. If they would only teach the gospel like that, we’d be a stronger nation.

Forget ID. They won’t even teach the hurdles that evolution still hasn’t crossed. And the elite go nuts whenever their theories are even questioned out loud.

Remember “Mysterious Origins of Man”?
How about “Expelled! No Intelligence Allowed”?
“Forbidden Archeology”?

I don’t believe much of them, but they have hard questions about evolution and our past.

Still not enough time. From AIG, what we see today.

This when there is not a chaotic global flood raging. A global flood would be churning up these deposits and it would take even longer to get up to 100’s of feet.

Of course, they are not deposits until deposited. And they are not sediments until eroded from the respective rocks or produced by the entities that live die and leave their skeletons. That is a lot of erosion to happen in 150 days, especially when you consider that erosion happens at the surface to a large extent, as deeply submerged areas have little in the way of current or churning to erode. It is interesting in our local lake system that was dammed in the 1930-50 era to see on ultrasonic fish finders, trees standing where submerged 70 years ago, largely intact in the anoxic zone, despite floods that have ravaged the waterway many times at the surface.