The Last words of Rachel Held Evans

One of the things we are told to do, in the Psalms, particularly, to strengthen our faith, is to remember the works of the Lord. And speaking of concordism, God’s providential miracles (not necessarily breaking any natural laws) in the lives of his Old Testament saints are to be remembered and rehearsed in our minds. That goes for NT ‘heroes of the faith’, too, as well as many over the millennia since then, including today (regulars, please forgive me for mentioning Maggie, Rich Stearns and George Müller again).

O children of God, seek after a vital experience of the Lord’s lovingkindness, and when you have it, speak positively of it; sing gratefully; shout triumphantly.

Morning, November 20th (Spurgeon's Devotional)

Regulars again will have to forgive me for reprising the end of Tim Keller’s book, about a woman being found of God:

I would love to know the particulars, and I expect I will, sooner or later.

1 Like

Great post! The Abrahamic faiths are about God’s search for man, not the other way around.

And check out this great poem, The Hound of Heaven by Francis Thompson. I found it when I was looking at my mother’s Catholic High School books.

2 Likes

I remember reading it in high school five and a half decades ago. One of the best things my parents ever did for me was to send their underachieving, ‘not applying himself’, son to a Christian school for just his last year. My favorite prof was a PhD in Assyriology who could translate cuneiform and was teaching for mere peanuts at this little school. I went from a junior class of 1400+ to a graduating class of 22. :slightly_smiling_face:

[He never talked about his degree and was a very modest guy. I learned about it from a former colleague of his. If I ever had a mentor, he was it.]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.