The Ica Burial Stones (And Other Evidences Of Humans And Dinosaurs)...Fact, Or Forgery?

Why haven’t art museum or natural history museum curators been contacted?

btw, TalkOrigins has debunked the claims about these dinosaur stones.

Even Christians have done a lot of forgeries, especially back in the heyday of the Relic Cult. Martin Luther used to wonder why 18 of the 12 apostles were buried in Spain alone!

3 Likes

They have no more “debunked” the claims than Wikipedia has. One of the more obscure Nazca lines (this one is really a glyph) seems to depict a dinosaur as well.

Totally. It was also speculated why “The true cross could be carried by 1 man, but it would take 20 men to carry all of the pieces we have left of it.”

1 Like

@beaglelady
Dr. Cabrera’s Ica stone museum is still open (by appointment), and the Ica regional museum is reportedly in possession of some stones which are not on public display.

What do you think of Cabrera’s book and his analysis in which according to Wikipedia "Cabrera published a book, The Message of the Engraved Stones of Ica on the subject, discussing his theories of the origins and meaning of the stones. In this he argued that the stones show “that man is at least 405 million years old” and for what he calls gliptolithic man, humans from another planet, and that “Through the transplantation of cognitive codes to highly intelligent primates, the men from outer space created new men on earth.” ?

1 Like

@jpm
Dr. Cabrera also knew the implications of the Ica stones. However, his thoughts on the meanings of those implications were far different from yours (apparently: they are fake) or mine (1.Ancient humans were highly intelligent and 2. They coexisted with dinosaurs).

Interestingly, (on the ancient surgeries front) we find skulls in the area that were obviously operated upon in brain surgery showing signs of healing over time. This indicates that the Pre-Columbian people’s success rate for brain surgery was quite high…fascinating.

I’ve heard of trepanation. It involves cutting a hole in the skull, not brain surgery. Still very yucky.

2 Likes

@J.E.S
This old blog post has some interesting notes on the whole dragons/dinos topic, in case you are interested.
http://benstanhope.blogspot.mx/2013/06/a-seminary-student-visits-creation.html

1 Like

It gets better with each retelling! On eBay someone is selling a video called Dinosaurs Lived With Man.

An ancient tribe in Peru … left their bones and artifacts in tombs buried in the desert where they were well-preserved for others to later discover. What was found is remarkable. Mummified bones certainly, but also fabric, pottery, and what has been called, “burial stones.”

On these burial stones, the tribe etched scenes from their daily life including such things as medical techniques … brain surgery, C sections, and blood transfusions, the use of telescopes, and other advanced technology.

Wowzer!

@beaglelady

I believe you are correct…I’ve always wondered this about trepanation (and perhaps you know?): Why cut a hole in the skull if not to get to the brain (this has little or nothing to do with the Ica Stones and everything to do with my own curiosity)…

So wait a second, is this thread trying to evaluate the pretty shoddy evidence for the Ica stones themselves in isolation?

Or are we allowed to bring in other evidences that can help us evaluate the stones in a larger context?

1 Like

@pevaquark
Most certainly! This thread is also meant to discuss other evidences relating to dinosaurs and humans as well.

To let the evil spirits out, or to air the blood and cool the brain. Completely useless ideas. It may have had some benefit when dealing with brain swelling, since it would relieve pressure (if enough of the skull was removed), but this is only symptomatic treatment.

1 Like

I am amazed that you would be amazed.

2 Likes

Bring it on.

@J.E.S

Did you identify the experts yet? Have you seen that video for sale on eBay?

Why isn’t the art world showing any response? Have you contacted anybody? Perhaps the Museum of Modern Art would be interested in these ancient stones…

@J.E.S

The problem with the YEC View of the world, and especially with your view, is that you think one exception conclusively dismantled evolution.

Balderdash.

It’s the larger pattern of evidence, and the convergence of multiple lines of evidence, which conclusively corroborates the following:

1. The YECs have no explanation for the 100,000+ years of uninterrupted annual weather patterns.

2. The YECs have no explanation for millions of years of mammalian differentiation above the K-T boundary, vs the even more robust millions of years of reptilian differentiation below the K-T barrier;

3. The YECs don’t even have an explanation for how there could be a K-T boundary in a flood scenario;

o Nor why there should be reptile foot prints in the middle layers of flood sediments;

o Nor why there should be no flowering plants (which can’t swim) in the primitive plant levels;

o Nor why there are blooming plants and even rain drop patterns in the middle of these alleged flood sediments.

‘4.’ The YECs don’t have an explanation for how marsupials gained an ecological monopoly in Australia… if both placental and marsupial mammals were released from the Ark at the same time.

‘5.’ And finally, there are YECs who fail to reconcile how there can be a phase of animal hyper- speciation immediately after the Ark is opened… all the while speciation is considered “impossible”.

1 Like

Hehe, my analysis of these stones:

I was kind of bewildered that we had a new thread chatting about it as I was fully persuaded that if this is the best evidence for Dino’s and humans, this is a pretty sad story.

I was also asking about bringing in other evidence to know if it’s okay to like any evidence from geology, stratigraphy, radiometric dating, archaeology, etc. all of which provide loads of knockout evidence against the stones depicting people and dinosaurs. I’ve also repeatedly shared about Megafauna (or real animals that coexisted with humans) on different continents which also can easily inspire imaginations of people - 4,000 lb bears in South America? 25 ft lizards in Australia? So even if the stones are real (which evidence is weak), I’ve provided plenty of more reasonable explanations, hence my incredulity that this was up for discussion. I too was awaiting more evidence but it turns out, there is none

3 Likes

If the dino stones are real, I want them to be sent on a traveling exhibition! I just don’t understand why this hasn’t happened yet if they are genuine.

1 Like