The Heartwarming Story of Mexico's Real Life Wrestling Priest

This is the true story of a priest in Mexico who had a secret life as a wrestler to earn money for orphans he was caring for. And as a gutter-to-God story, it doesn’t get much better than this. This video is only about 10 minutes long.

The Heartwarming Story of Mexico’s Real Life Wrestling Priest

1 Like

It’s a good story indeed. As I was watching it , actually as soon as I read your short post, I instantly started thinking of Nacho Libre ( a Mexican monk who wrestles in order to provide for an orphanage ). But it seems that movie was loosely based on the priest being mentioned. But what was funny was that he himself in real life was inspired by a film called “ El Señor Tormenta “. So a movie about a man inspired by the real life events of a man who was inspired by a movie xd. I don’t remember the name but I think I watched a Mexican horror film a few years ago about a priest of a church that vampires attacked and the priest ended up being a former wrestler that protected a orphanage from them. Which now I presume was at least referencing that film.

6 Likes

Thanks for watching. Did you see Nacho Libre? Is it good?

1 Like

When I watched Nacho Libre I was a teenager and I only vaguely remember it. I know that back then I found it really funny and enjoyed it. But I’m not sure what I would think if I watched it now. I remember it reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite. Mostly a family comedy. I’ll definitely have to find it again.

1 Like

isn’t wrestling with life and death what priests are supposed to do?

1 Like

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.