The Galactic Federation news

Internet says Mylar balloon. They hover.

3 Likes

The report I linked did note that it responded differently than a balloon.

But no one knows for sure, as far as we know.

Just looking at the picture, my first thought was balloon as well.

I did immediately after.

Ok, but your meaning remains unclear to me

Around 1967, my mother and brother were waiting for my brother’s school bus and they saw a UFO just across the street hovering above the power lines. Here is his description, which matches the description my mother gave to me:

Mom and I were out on the front porch of the Virginia house waiting on the school bus. Across the street, this silver metallic saucer shaped UFO quickly approached and hovered above the trees across the street. We could actually see figures moving around inside the UFO. They appeared to be wearing what looked like overalls and one or two of them were caring small boxes that sort of looked like lunch boxes. I could not really see the faces, just the shape. I did find some similar reports in the news. The attached article looks similar, but I think the windows were bigger relative to the size of the UFO. It hovered there silently for a few seconds, then sped away and up very quickly.

This is the article source:

By the way, this passage is often interpreted as the “other sheep” being Gentiles. What if it is not?

John 10:14-17

New Revised Standard Version

14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.

All so called UFO sightings are easily explained by natural phenomena, the most important being human perception and cognition, whether of natural or artificial phenomena being perceived. No artificial phenomenon we can ever encounter can ever be non-human.

What natural phenomenon caused the sighting of a silent vehicle hovering 100 or so yards away in 1967? One close enough that they could see in the windows?

My mother has passed away, but my brother is still here and his memory is excellent.

The natural phenomenon is the interpretation of what was seen. If it had windows it was human. If it was artificial it was human. American. Military or commercial. Nothing else.

Thanks for the opinion, Klax.

It’s a rational fact Vance. Not mere opinion. It is scientifically, technically, economically, rationally impossible for it to be anything else.

53 years ago your kid brother saw workmen with lunchboxes through windows across the street in smalltown America. So aliens.

No Vance.

As per your interpretation of the Bible.

We are likely to be average in some ways and not in others. The universe is quite big; I would not be at all surprised if life were common. But life is complex; I would not be at all surprised if life is rare. Based on a sample size of one, intelligent life may require a very long time of reasonable stability. How many places have had that level of stability? Much closer to the galactic center, and you’re likely to get too many nearby supernovae, etc. But too stable might be a problem as well- a successful bacterium could take over and remain unchanging, rather than getting the variety leading to more complexity. Of course, definitions are an issue as well - what constitutes “common” in the universe? A billion sounds like a lot, but if there were a billion atoms of a particular isotope spread fairly evenly between the concentrations of baryonic matter in the visible universe, it would be incredibly rare from the point of view of trying to detect it. Intelligent civilization are larger, louder, and more detectable than individual atoms, but still a billion civilizations spread relatively evenly across the galaxies in the observable universe might not enable any detection of anyone else. A few rounds of stellar nucleosynthesis are required before you can have enough chemical diversity to produce life, so probably there’s not going to be much intelligent life significantly earlier in the universe. But that limits how many intelligent civilizations will be close enough for their signals to reach us before dark energy puts them out of sight. Thinking that we must be common is akin to the error highlighted by the letter to Science about 25 years ago claiming that statistics supported the conclusion that the Pope was an alien, because the odds of a randomly chosen person being the Pope were quite low. If the distribution of a particular property is reasonably close to Gaussian, then a randomly chosen example has a fairly high chance of being within a standard deviation or two of the average. But that does not mean that even a randomly chosen example is within a standard deviation or two of average in every feature; certainly a non-randomly chosen example cannot confidently be assumed to be average on any count. (Of course, we equally can’t assume that it isn’t average.) Pinning down how quickly life emerged on Earth is actually problematic - what sorts of traces cannot be formed abiogenetically? what remains of those traces after all the metamorphosis of the few rocks that rocks remain from that age? Exploration of our solar system will help give some ideas, but I do not know if we’ll ever be able to say much about what can be in other star systems.

At least you’re trying David. Complex is inevitable and common. Rare means a billion in our mediocre galaxy of ten trillion worlds. A billion throughout the universe means only one in a hundred thousand galaxies, call it a million, has a civilization. That’s utterly arbitrarily ridiculous.

Intelligent civilizations are as large as their world and as loud as their star system, if you’re listening in the right place, but as effectively as loud as their world. Dark matter - which is entirely theoretical and may be superfluous, but I’d rather accept it than modify general relativity - has nothing to do with noise swamping our insignificant signal even if we used petawatt transmitters (lased nuclear detonations) - pointing where? No signal has been detected in over a century, none ever will be. It works both ways.

We disagree, but that is okay

1 Like

Richmond, VA, is not really small town. It is a state capital.

We had forests across the street, not houses.

We don’t Vance. As it cannot be disagreed with as being a rational fact unless you have definitions of those terms that are contrary to their consensual and synergistic meaning.

But that’s OK.

It’s a state of mind Vance.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.