The Exodus no or little evidence

I have some difficulty in saying that Allah is the same as the Christian God since I do not worship in an Arabic-speaking Christian church nor do I speak Arabic. I could get used to it if I did, but to me it denotes or at the least connotes the Islamic understanding of who God is, and they are not the same. We had a decent discussion about this last fall: Origins of Yahweh?

Did I read correctly that you lost your kidney? I want to make sure I comprehended correctly

You survived Kidney Cancer.
I survived severe infection in my kidneys when I was 3 years old. However I don’t remember this.

So we both had Kidney situation

I think you and I have the same God. Do you think you and I have the same God?

During the Exodus era: how did people deal with Kidney cancer or severe kidneys infection do you know? Did they know anything about kidneys?

I allow God teach me in the midst of my situations

1 Like

Here is an interesting article on kidneys in the Bible.
The Kidneys in the Bible: What Happened?

1 Like

Yes. I’m fine (other than being old with some other attending issues ; - ), but I have to be extra careful with COVID because I understand that as many as 30% of those that get it have renal issues even months after ‘recovering’. Also, my wife is semi-invalid and would have real difficulties without me.

I don’t know enough about what you believe to answer. Do you profess to be a Muslim, I’m guessing maybe?

I am unbelievably fortunate and privileged way beyond and in spite of any desert (deserving) to live where, when and how I do. If they did not spontaneously recover without intervention, I can only sadly presume they suffered and died without much recourse. But maybe it was more rare then too.

1 Like

the ancient aura of mysterious organs hidden deep in the body but accessible to the look of God. …always in conjunction with the heart as mirrors of the psyche…

That was helpful – I had wondered what the source of the metaphor was, since the physiological site our intense feelings (or even mild ones) are in the interior of our trunks, our ‘hearts’, not in the middle or lower back.

Thank you. Interesting. We have similar verses from the rig Veda that speak of winnowing, grinding etc. More importantly, the Hindu living tradition gives holy water to the devotees to drink. There is no grinding of metal parallel in India to my knowledge though. Also the verse from ugarit does not say the matter is related to either metal or calf. So we have cow and water parallels along with grinding of grains in India. I am not denying yr comment. I am saying that on comparative evaluation India stands at equal footing at least.
Also the connection of Hebrews with ugarit was more from Hebrews to ugarit, not the other way round. The only relevant mention is that Abraham bought land from hittite. So ugarit influence is unlikely though not impossible.

A sumeric legend says that creation took place in the east. There is evidence of contact with India. More importantly, Hindus, including myself, believe in astrology massively. I do not think there is any evidence of origin of astrology in Sumer. Nor am I claiming it has origins in India. The huge practice of strology augurs in favour of India.

The Indian name for a male bovine is .bael. Let us look at what is staring in our face rather than stipulate connections.

More importantly for Christians, they are told to trust their heavenly Father for their futures and not to look elsewhere.

I had wondered what the source of the metaphor was, since the physiological site our intense feelings (or even mild ones) are in the interior of our trunks, our ‘hearts’, not in the middle or lower back.

Astrology does not replace God in any way rather complements Him. In any case we were discussing whether ur chaldea could be located in Sumer or India. Astrology works for India location of ur and also exodus from here.

There are seven psychic centers in the spinal cord with the middle center located at the heart. These are all interconnected. So the debate on heart vs. lower back kind of misses the totality.

He doesn’t need or want complements (unless they are praise ; - ). How can astrology add anything to what is already complete (not to mention the little detail that he created the cosmos and everything in it and knows where every atom is).

He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.
Psalm 147:8

1 Like

Where did that come from?

I think you missed the point about where emotional feelings are felt.

He know. True. But we are not discussing that. We are discussing whether ur was located in India or Sumer. I think there is a strong case for India irrespective of whether astrology is good or not

Exodus help me

There is a nonexistent case for the value or righteousness of astrology, so I should trust your case for India? ; - ) Yeah, I know, apples and oranges.

The efficacy of ivermectin against COVID is a conspiracy theory, dis-/misinformation.

1 Like

Redo to show my flaws
My error that I didn’t see, I asked what were Muslims called during Exodus era, that’s a mistake, how come I couldn’t catch that? Was it due to I’m so focused on improving communication. Do you ever make these mistakes or is it only myself who makes these mistakes. I couldn’t even see my mistake how come? Can any of you relate with this making these mistakes? I couldn’t see it 'till @beaglelady brought it up., and so another area to really pay attention to - timing. But it could of been worded differently though then it’ll be ok. This past present future area is a challenge. @beaglelady thank you for bringing this to my attention ok. There’s so much to be aware of when addressing history

So redo. I should of ask it this way, what were these people called back in Exodus era that eventually led to where they’re Muslims, what was the trail pathway to this word Muslim and the names they were called?

Ok I did my redo., but I’m also asking you all, do you make mistakes like this ever?

Hey wait a min., I recall Moses struggles with communication too right, why was Moses afraid to take on this position, remember Moses kept telling God that he’s afraid to talk. Moses is like me. What are your flaws can you share? Moses shared his flaw and God still used Moses. I have a lot of flaws. I let God have all my flaws and use them. I allow God teach me in the midst of my flaws too. Ok that’s my venting.

ok here’s the message below where you can see my mistake lol., yeah I’ll toss in lol in this, as I’ll turn this into a comedian now ok :slight_smile: I got to make humor out of this right? Oh wait, there was a Muslim back during Exodus era, because this Muslim taken a time travel from his invention time travel machine and travel back then., ok not, that didn’t happen., ok Here’s the message below

No I never profess to be a Muslim, however I’m sure I have similarities with Muslims and other religions. What were Muslims called during the Exodus era?

Hagar and Hajara are the same person, correct?

Were Ishmael’ offspring aware that Hebrews were farmers living where Pharaoh lives?

Did Ishmael’ and Isaac’ offspring ever gather for family reunions and help each other?

Did any of Ishmael’ offspring help Hebrews travel to Canaan?

And as such, doesn’t belong on this blog.

Islam wasn’t around back then.

1 Like