THE DANGERS OF THEISTIC WATER CYCLISM (clever parody)

http://rob.scottclan.cc/2017/08/the-dangers-of-theistic-water-cycism/

“Christians who adopt water cyclism are inconsistent because they are accepting the foundation of the humanistic worldviews. Essentially, they are telling God that they believe Him when He told us about the Virgin Birth, Crucifixion, and Resurrection of Christ, but they do not trust Him when He tells us about how He sends rain to the world.”

A very similar point was made in this BioLogos article: Atheistic Meteorology or Divine Rain? - BioLogos.

I still think it’s a great introduction to the problems with young-earth creationist readings of Scripture (and nature).

4 Likes

That’s a good one! I remember the God of Evolution version, and it really helped me put things in perspective. Evaporation, after all, is “just a theory.” :wink:

1 Like

Don’t forget that photosynthesis is a satanic lie as well, for plants were created ‘before’, not after the sun in Genesis 1.

3 Likes

It isn’t evaporation, Jesus creates the rain and sends it on the earth.

1 Like

Now now. There’s always room for rhetorical charity, even when we disagree with someone. Better to not belittle our Christian brothers and sisters.

The problem with I.D. analysis is that I.D. supporters think they know how God would perform His miraculous work.

But what if God “helps evolution along” in the most complicated and nuanced of ways … by adjusting predator populations… or food stock species… and a dozen other factors … that make a population’s genetics respond in ways that look logical to humans … but in fact required quite a bit of divine exertion?

This is the impossible side of I.D.'s vulnerability … in addition to the fact they are trying to define God’s miraculous intervention as something that our limited science competencies could detect…