The Creation Week: A Systems-Based Approach

I don’t know why you have an issue with me as I am just posting scriptures regarding false teachers.
2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:2
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

The teachings of the apostates are called destructive heresies. The content entails denying even the Master that bought them. In other words, the content of apostate teaching involves the denial of the Person (the Master) and work (bought them) of the Messiah.
Christ’s work on the cross was not enough for the apostates.

I’m done, finished.

If that’s all you’re doing, then you are outside the concerns of the OP and should start your own thread. My only problem with you is your inability to stay on point or develop an actual argument related to it.

3 Likes

The issue is that you are inferring that people who disagree with your interpretation (and that’s exactly what it is) is a false teacher.

3 Likes

Sun
Moon
Mars
Mercury
Jupiter
Venus
Saturn

As in just about all Eurasian cultures apart from Slavic and, of course, Hebrew and Greek influenced by that. Where they become first-day or day one, second-day or day two etc. [As in modern Chinese.] And the German midweek exception for Mercury-day: Mittwoch.

3 Likes

Actually, as I’m reading back through the comments, it’s you who have strayed from the OP by mention of you “teach Hebrew for a living”. Does this qualify and authorize one to teach God’s Word?
As Kelli has mentioned from Scripture, there are many warnings the last days would be characterized by false teachers infiltrating the church.

It looks like this ship has sailed, but please remember to post your own insights/questions/topics for discussion and not just an article.

Indeed. What does knowledge of Hebrew have to do with Genesis?
Line 2.

1 Like

I quoted scripture and somehow that is my interpretation?
You disagree with YEC so it is obvious we have differences on interpretations. So no one can come to rightly dividing the Word of God? We will never know the truth that sets one free? Yet, you have ridiculed and have made fun of the YEC. Am I the only one who believes in a young creation? No. I guess since I am part of the group that believes in a young creation, is this not according to “your” interpretation?

The verse says “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” We are to do our best. We are not promised we will attain perfection.

1 Like

You tend to get very angry when anybody disagrees with you.

We have very good evidence that the observable universe had a beginning. Gravity, and the other fundamental forces, acting on a slightly clumpy gas seems to be enough to produce stars, galaxies, and planets, based on computer simulations.

Mutations are observable, natural, and all but inevitable. Whether they are guided in a specified direction beyond “What survives?” is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

We see plenty of transitional forms. Claiming that they cannot exist, and then drawing arbitrary lines on phylograms, or making horribly inaccurate claims about relationships, to separate them doesn’t make them go away. A few examples include: myllokunmingiids; stem-tetrapods that have lateral lines and labyrinthodont dentition, like certain fish, but no modern amphibians; Pakicetus, which has clearly amphibious features, and Basilosaurus-like dentition; and the numerous mollusks in the Waccamaw Formation (as an example familiar to me), whose appearance is halfway between their Yorktown-Formation predecessors, and their recent equivalents. Really, nearly every fossil in any deposit is transitional, we just have so few really good deposits that we don’t have a complete transition in most cases.

Scientifically, it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of anything non-physical. One can produce scientific evidence that can say “this claim about the physical actions of this spiritual entity is possible, given our knowledge about the physical world” or “this claim about the physical actions of this spiritual entity is does not accord with our knowledge of the physical world”, but those are not proof-statements.

2 Likes

How is it philosophical?

I knew you weren’t done.

The best tool for the literal interpretation, as in literal explanation, of reality is science. The best tool for the literary interpretation of reality is literary criticism. If God is the ground of being, science hears Him clearly.

The problem with YEC interpretations is that they are directly contradicted by facts from the universe around us. What happens when you adopt an interpretation of the Bible that is so easily disproven by facts everyone can see? Why adhere to an interpretation that falsifies the Bible?

7 Likes

This really needs to happen and it certainly has not begun:

1 Like

It authorizes me to teach Hebrew and ancient texts. Other qualifications (e.g., calling, education, ordination, successful experience in teaching and preaching) authorize me to teach God’s word.

Sure, but how is that relevant…unless you’re giving a passive-aggressive implication that I’m a false teacher? There’s also plenty in Scripture of people speaking out of ignorance, being divisive, holding to traditions of men over the word of God, etc. But I didn’t bring these up b/c they are not directly relevant to the OP, nor do I know you enough to accuse you of anything but bad thinking or poor argumentation on the points you have raised.

6 Likes

Well yes, absolutely, there are a lot of false teachers who have infiltrated the church these days. But @Kelli is not the only one who can quote Scripture to make that point. Take this one for starters:

¹³Do not have two differing weights in your bag — one heavy, one light. ¹⁴Do not have two differing measures in your house — one large, one small. ¹⁵You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may live long in the land the Lᴏʀᴅ your God is giving you. ¹⁶For the Lᴏʀᴅ your God detests anyone who does these things, anyone who deals dishonestly.Deuteronomy 25:13-16

Any creation model, any interpretation of Genesis 1, any challenge to the scientific consensus on the age of the earth or evolution, must obey these verses of Scripture. This is totally non-negotiable because not having accurate and honest weights and measures is lying. Anyone who teaches a creation model, or claims about evidence for a creation model, that do not obey these Scripture verses, is teaching demonstrable lies, and is therefore a false teacher.

7 Likes

The problem with YEC interpretations is that they are directly contradicted by facts from the universe around us. What happens when you adopt an interpretation of the Bible that is so easily disproven by facts everyone can see? Why adhere to an interpretation that falsifies the Bible?

What happens when you adopt an interpretation of the Bible that is so easily disproven by facts EVERYONE can see?

Really? You think the Word of God is understandable by EVERYONE? It is hidden from the natural man.

1 Corinthians 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 14:17

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 Like

I think the universe is understandable by everyone, and it isn’t hidden from anyone. Therefore, when there is perceived conflict between a biblical interpretation and the facts from the universe around us it would cast serious doubt on the biblical interpretation if we are also assuming that the Bible is true.

5 Likes