The Color of Christ

I had meant to include this reference also.

https://www.nature.com/news/mummy-dna-unravels-ancient-egyptians-ancestry-1.22069

David Reich and group does an incredible job tracing the migrations of the so called Anatolian farmers about 9000 years ago and then the proto indoeuropeans about 5000 years ago.

The right question to ask is how this all came about 5000 years ago. These proto indo europeans go east west north south spreading their advanced culture building civilizations all seen with the spread of the indo european languages.

So does this article show that Joseph became a mummy?

Honestly I see no problem with a dark skinned, brown haired Jesus. Iā€™m sure if Jesus came around today we would mistake him for an ordinary Middle Eastern man probably.

I suppose there is no academic debate for what Jesusā€™s face and skin may have looked. However, I wonder would people mistake Jesus as a homeless man if he appear today and if Professor Joan Taylor is correct about his clothing.

This reminds me of a series of Homeless Jesus statues the Canadian artist Timothy Schmalz made for many communities around the world since 2013. This article is the only I found that recorded peopleā€™s reaction.

1 Like

And we wouldnā€™t let him on a plane, or even to enter the country.

1 Like

I am glad our country is not really like that!

Indeed. Except that it is like that.

Beaglelady,

I have many Middle Eastern friends. Several I sponsored for green cards. I have been to their houses and they maybe been to mine. They come from Pakistan, Turkey, Lebanon, Iraq, and Iran. I went to their weddings and hosted their baby showers. I have co-written papers with them. Most recently I recommended one for a job. Another one is my brother-in-law. Another is a Bangladeshi Muslim. Most are Muslims. They are all good people.

I recently went to the memorial service of a fine young Middle Eastern woman who was killed in a war zone serving as a translator for the US military in the Middle East. She immigrated to the US, became a citizen, and gave back ā€” making the ultimate sacrifice.

I have never had one tell me that he or she was denied access to an airline flight in the US. Most of my friends immigrated, some are still in the Middle East.

Why is your opinion of the US so low and so inaccurate? Are there no people of Middle Eastern origins where you live? On what basis do you claim people are not allowed on airplanes because they look Middle Eastern, some event that is so rare that it is all over the news and the airline apologizes?

I would suggest we create idols in our own image that reflect us and our culture. In Godspell Jesus is a hippy.

Our hearts are idol makers.

Thought the Catholic church denies idol worship of Mary in all her various forms - they call it service - but you watch people ho they treat such instruments as idols.

2nd commandment prohibits making an image of God but didnā€™t stop Michelangelo painting Adam and God - even though God is Spirit and he badly misinterpreting the Ancient of Days as literal.

But this doesnā€™t apply to Jesus who took on hman flesh

Obviously, the Orange One works hard to keep such people out of the country.

I disagree. Language and culture tell the story. Race is not really a valid biological construct, but ethnicity is easily traced by language. The Hebrew language has nothing to do with the Indo-European family of languages which originate in the Northern Far East, from where they migrated east to Europe and south to India. Muhammad was Arab who reportedly descended from Abraham and was Semitic

Just because White folk are called Caucasian does not mean that they are from the Caucasus Mountains. The Hyksos were Semites.

Bro. Scott you might not be interested in making Jews out to be White, but I can assure you that others are and the fact that they are making Jesus out to be White4 should raise some real questions. Most of the facts you present appear to be false.

Some interesting Biblical facts are these. The Canaanites that the early Jews looked down on as cursed descendants of Canaan were actually follow Semites with the same language and similar religion. The Philistines who were the arch enemies of the later Jews were actually Indo-Europeans related to the Greeks or White. .

Beagle lady, I think you have been misled by what was erroneously called the ā€œMuslim Ban,ā€ which was actually a ban of visitors from countries that the Obama administration had determined did not properly screen travelers.

Do not devolve into politics, or posts will be deleted.

You havenā€™t polled everyone.

It isnā€™t

Youā€™ve gotta be kidding me.

The similarities between the two bans (of 44 and 45) are only superficial.

Actually, Iā€™m glad you mentioned Akhnaten. My fave radio program, Aria Code, had an episode about him. It was intriguing! But I donā€™t think his brand of monotheism influenced the Hebrews. For one thing, his one god was the Sun. For another, Akhnaten considered himself the embodiment of the sun god. (Humble, right?) But he started doing all these reforms at age 17. And the other Egyptians hated him! And he eventually disappeared.

Phillip Glassā€™s opera Akhnaten will be streamed from the Met this Friday. (An archived video, as the Met is shuttered.) Glass is a modern composer and his music is very compelling and driving.

I would respond, beaglelady, but we have been warned not to get political.

Feel free to send me a pm if you are bursting at the seams to discuss

Ok Roger I agree with much of what you said but that is not what I am saying and I am not addressing race of anyone in the sense of giving anyone some sort of priority in faith.

Truly I tell you whatever you did for one of the least of the brothers of mine you did for me. Matt 25:40

The Bible details a special lineage (not race) to lead Gods people. It really matters little what race they are but we need to understand the DNA migrations to understand what historically happened.

Do not think you can say to yourselves we have Abraham as our father I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. matt 3:9

5,000 years ago not only a major human migration of the central Eurasian indoeuropeans begins but at the very same time the great civilizations of Mesopotamia and Egyptian dynasties begin. The kings or pharaohs declared themselves demi gods or even gods and proclaimed their divine right of rulership and kingship. These indoeuropeans migrations are seen into Europe with the corded ware/Yamna culture, into India and even as far as Tibet and China and perhaps even into the Americas. The indo europeans Yamna /corded ware culture advanced into all of Europe and Mediterranean literally replacing most of the european existing male Y Dna (Anatolian farmer/european huntergather) from Europe. This same time period the first pyramids in Egypt are built the first ziggurats are built and perhaps not coincidentally the first pyramid is also built in Caral Peru. The indo european Vinča dating about 6000 years ago have a proto Sumerian writing and advanced mathematical celestial metallurgical knowledge that predates the rise of Sumer and Egypt.

This emergence of the first advanced civilizations and these migrations cannot be coincidental 5000 years ago suggesting that these cultures somehow gaining this power and knowledge. During this time arose a lineage of rulers in all these cultures that considered themselves demigods in most cases by birthright not unlike that which we see later in Europe. These rulers interbred within their families attempting to maintain their lines.

So the question I ask you is how did this happen? How did these rulers get this knowledge and come to power building these kingdoms?

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers, He will crush your head and you will strike his heel. gen 3:15

Yes, I am not sure at all the interplay between akhaten and the Hebrews in terms of monotheism. I just mentioned as an interesting connection that was happening around this time of the Hyksos, Hebrews Moses and the Egyptian history. Itā€™s said that the Hyksos took on worshipping the Egyptian deity Set and the bull due to a similarity to one of their Hyksos deities. Certainly this was an important defining time in the history of the Hebrews.

Abraham was the first monotheist. He worshipped God, not the sun. The scriptures show the influence of Babylonian and Canaanite religion, not Egyptian religion. They Hebrews were tempted to worship Baal, not Ra. But itā€™s all interesting. Hope you liked the program on Akhnaten!

Scott, as I said before, I am not accusing of doing this, but you must know that others have used the same false information that you are using to say that the White race is favored by God to rule the world. To support that racist idea with false facts is also racist, even if unintended. Some racists even claim that Black folk are superior to White folk spiritually, so we have the so called ā€œWhite Manā€™s Burden.ā€

I do not know why you put such emphasis on the divine right of kings, when Godā€™s Kingdom is not that king of kingdom. We are members of Godā€™s Kingdom when we have chosen Jesus as our Lord, not because4 we are obedient to some ruler. Donald Trump has not been chosen by God to be the absolute ruler of the USA, despite what some Christian leaders might think.

Different people and different nations have different gifts, which is why Jesus told us to share our gifts, because we are different, diverse, but equal or one. Racism is a sin and that which encourages racism is also sinful.