He is the anointing of God
Logos
Spoke of those He thought
Characteristics of the Word
In beginning already was; He is eternal
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Word of God is the Creator
Logos is God
Word became flesh, logos became flesh (all of God)
Hebrews 1:2 carrying epics of history
He is the Word of God himself
He is the source of Life
The light (His light) illuminates our hearts

2 Corinthians 4:3
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
We are all headed to hell when we are born
Light has come into the world
Everyone practicing corruption will not come to the Light
Two kinds of people: one will come to the Light but the other person will be practicing corruption and hates the Light.
Religious faiths of the world are man made, men convert themselves to their own faiths and beliefs
Biblical faith is a gift of God, God is the author and finisher of the faith

2 Likes

Amen to the recognition of Jesus as the Logos.

2 Corinthians 4 is a deep and wonderful chapter on which to meditate.

The phrase “biblical faith” (ironically - not itself a biblical phrase), is one that has begun throwing up red flags for me. Not because I object to the notion that somebody should revere and study scriptures, but because that particular phrase today has come to mean “the faith as taught by my particular sect or tribe”. It isn’t bad that we appeal to various groups of our choosing to help us discern and understand scripture, but it can become bad if we start to prize our ideology above truth (or to filter the truth we accept through only what that tribe will accept).

So 2 Corinthians 4 is particularly insightful to this: the glory Paul refers to that we either come toward or run away from is not the glory of a codified written word, but the glory of Christ - a glory that is written on our hearts. May we all have the courage in this season to recognize the god of this world for what it is, and to dwell instead in the light of Christ.

1 Like

What is the evidence authenticating the title of this thread?

Vinnie

If I change the title of the thread would you agree with the rest of the text, Vinnie?

Isn’t Christianity a religious faith?

Here you go, Vinnie. These studies through BTE Ministries may be of help explaining the title of the post

https://masteringthebible.com/mastering-the-bible/john/

1 Like

Good question, beaglelady

There is only one Faith that is authored and given by God.
There are many beliefs/faiths as we have many religions of the world. Not all faiths are equal to “the faith” that comes from God.
One who has been born again has the faith of God.

Just because one calls him/herself a “Christian” does not necessarily mean they have been born again of His Spirit.

I was confused as the title of a thread usually indicates what it is about at first.

But no, I am not into us vs them, divisive, born-again Christianity. No issues with rebirth in Christ but I don’t share the same religious ideology as Johannine literalists. The “my faith is the only real faith” crowd is not my cup of tea.

Vinnie

1 Like

These studies are awesome. What a blessing to hear them again.

1 Like

The Jerome Biblical Commentary gives late 1st century as the date of origin. Do you accept that as evidence? :wink:

2 Likes

An expert opinion of some critical scholars that is based on evidence for sure!

Vinnie

1 Like

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, FAITH,(emphasis mine)
Galatians 5:22 that faith is a fruit of the Spirit of God.

II Peter 3:18 “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” We are to grow in the grace and knowledge of him. But what makes it interesting is that the Bible, especially I Corinthians 2:9-12 tells us that only the Spirit of God knows the things of God and only the Spirit of God can reveal the knowledge of God to somebody. It is not a human ability. God’s Spirit has to reveal the knowledge of God. And the person who teaches the knowledge of God must do so under the influence and inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Pastor Bill Klein

I Corinthians 12:9 faith is given by the Holy Spirit.
Verse 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; Again he’s emphasizing the one Spirit does all of these things and notice that faith is given to people by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 12:2 Jesus Christ is the author of faith.
In verse 2 when it says Looking unto Jesus he then gives the identity of Jesus.
the author and finisher of our faith; notice the word ‘our’ is in italics. It is not in the Greek text. It is the word ‘the’. Another one of those instances where they said Jesus is the author and finisher of the faith. Well we can’t have that. It has got to be our faith. No He’s the author and finisher. He starts faith. He’s the author of it. It comes from Him. And He brings it to its completion.

Revelation 2:13
I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied MY FAITH, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Whose faith is it? It is the Lord’s Faith.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.