The Age of the Earth is unknown from the Bible

Yesterday, I thought I should not share the study sent to my fellowship group here on this forum. However, since it leads up to my study to be written on the first six days of the creation I have had a change of heart:

THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2024

COMMUNICATIONS WITH
‘CHRISTIAN’ SCIENTISTS ABOUT THE UNKNOWN GAP OF TIME IN THE BIBLICAL CALENDAR-Part 26

Cogitations for the ninety and nine sheep, the little flock of the Heavenly Father.

You should all be familiar now with Biologos (the world’s premier organization of theological evolutionists, comprising many noteable research PhD Scientists, the sharpest minds on the planet). Well, you may have been reading my posts on my gap and the responses, live on the Biologos Forum.

You know I do refer to God’s gap interchangeably as my gap. Well, that’s because I learned His Gap from Him, and I adopted it to be mine, just as my namesake learned the Gospel of Jesus Christ from Jesus Himself:

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Then my namesake called Jesus’ Gospel his very own:

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

AND,

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
2 Timothy 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Verse 10 above, shows that adopting in our lives what God reveals to us and then declaring it forth to others, is part and parcel of the means by which God’s elect are obtaining salvation procured in Jesus Christ with eternal glory!

Now my gap is not the so-called gap in Genesis 1:1 as some renowned Old Testament Hebrew Professors have taught some theologians.

My gap is also not the so-called gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, as a significant portion of theologians teach. And, their gap is even shown in the margin notes of a certain noteworthy theologian’s narrated Bible, in its first edition.

Then my gap is not in Genesis 1:3 to Genesis 1:31, where theologians fit gaps of deep time.

But my gap begins right here:

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And my gap continues until the day before this event:

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Now my Heavenly Father, by His Holy Spirit, covered His gap which was equivalent to the length of the first generation of Adam of his two generations given in Genesis Chapter 5. But the first generation is of unknown duration even whilst Adam was yet in God’s likeness:

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Yes, Earth was still en route circuiting the Sun, from two days prior to Adam’s creation, and continuing to do so, but without any accounting of passing time from the start of the seventh day, at the end of the sixth day of creation, as long as Adam was still in God’s likeness. For the accounting of time is irrelevant even to Adam, for he is in God’s likeness, in this same sense:

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Yes, who would care that the Earth is doing its circuit around the sun when time is irrelevant, for the whole universe is pristine without sin and its ravishing effects. Adam was without age during the gap, a depiction of the agelessness of God who is from everlasting to everlasting:

Psalms 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Well, we will end this study at this juncture.

AMEN

Paul Aarons

Warum auf Deutsch?

This is a hermeneutic philosophy which leads to interpretation/s.

Hi everyone disagreeing with my posts.

I copied this statement from Biologos website:

“God is the creator and sustainer of all things, and evolution is the best scientific explanation for the relatedness of life on Earth.”

I am no scientist. By profession, I am a long time retired CPA.

So every writing of mine will address God who is the Creator and Sustainer of all things:

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And, I use only the underlying Masoretic text for the Old Testament and the underlying Textus Receptus for the New Testament. I was given these two underlying texts by my Heavenly Father when He saved me and begun using me to write His detailed Biblical Calendar. Hence, I will only discuss what is stated in these two underlying texts.

Now here is a principle I have followed for decades with any of my Bible Studies for those who have disagreements with my studies:

1. Quote the area of concern in my study.
  2. Using the very Scriptures that I used in my studies, show from these Scriptures that I have wrongly interpreted them by showing the correct interpretation, without doing eisegesis.
  3. Afterwards, bring forth other corroborating Scriptures with their correct understandings and that prove your interpretation is correct and which further disproves my interpretation in my study.

I simply desire to stay within the Scriptures unless of course the Scriptures direct us outside of Scriptures to secular sources such as it did in this case:

Luke 3:1 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

Clearly, God is sending us out of Scripture to secular records to find out when was the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar because He knows those secular records are trustworthy.

Thanks for your comments on my posts.

Now Biologos, here is my study that I sent to my fellowship group this morning:

FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2024

COMMUNICATIONS WITH
‘CHRISTIAN’ SCIENTISTS ABOUT THE UNKNOWN GAP OF TIME IN THE BIBLICAL CALENDAR-Part 27

Cogitations for the ninety and nine sheep, the little flock of the Heavenly Father.

This study below is the second part of the study for yesterday which I cut into many parts.

Now, I must touch on once more the fact that Adam had two spiritual generations (spiritual existences) co-existing at separate times with his one physical body. And these two spiritual generations are shown here, along with the first spiritual generation (existence) of Adam:

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations (PLURAL) of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him (THE FIRST SPIRITUAL GENERATION);

I stress that the generations (existences) were spiritual and not physical. The first spiritual existence (generation) was from his creation in God’s likeness and that existence (spirit essence) lived on in Adam’s physical body until he sinned and God’s likeness died and Adam’s own likeness was generated within his physical body but with that body now subjected to age and physical death. And God shows the birth of Adam’s second spiritual generation (essence) right here with its spiritual eyes being opened:

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Those eyes opened were not their physical eyes, those eyes were their spiritual eyes of their own likeness being generated in their bodies due to sin!

What I just now explained, the best way that my limited vocabulary allows, we already begun to get the understandings about 9 months ago, in daily Bible Studies then, when we learned by my Heavenly Father’s Holy Spirit downloads, that Yahweh Elohim (Jesus Christ, the Son of God), who did the creation, had breathe two lives into Adam, at Adam’s creation:

Genesis 2:7 (AMP) then the LORD God formed [that is, created the body of] man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (LIVES); and the man became a living being [an individual complete in body and spirit].

Yes, it is, that we went then to the Blue Letter Bible’s Masoretic Hebrew and found that the Hebrew term translated ‘life’ is actually plural and should have been translated as ‘LIVES’. We also had two other independent corroborating sources then that showed that the Hebrew is plural not singular. You may be well served at some time, to familiarize your minds with the understandings given in those studies. For my Heavenly Father teaches forward by building upon that which He taught us earlier.

But yes, Adam was created with two lives, spiritual and physical. His created spiritual life was lived in God’s likeness and his physical life was in God’s image. And we did studies that distinguished the likeness of God from the image of God, even recently.

So the two spiritual generations (existences) of Adam are now understood better to be his two spirit essences. The first one in God’s likeness, when He lived in the Garden in Eden (God’s gap, the length of which is known only to God) and it died when Adam sinned. Then Adam’s second spirit essence was born at his sin, giving him his own likeness (sinful tendency, nature) which he had co-existing in his physical body for 930 years until his body died.

Now below is where from the earlier daily Bible Studies that I showed the prophesy of the death of Adam’s first spirit essence, the one in the likeness of God:

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Yes, that very day in the future, when Adam ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, his spiritual life in God’s likeness died.

And we also covered then, 9 months ago, that the Hebrew construction of the verse could also show its understanding in this manner:

Genesis 2:17 (YLT) and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it – dying thou dost die.’

And the above verse covers the fact that with Adam’s second of his two lives, his physical being, would immediately begin to die upon his first sin and would eventually die and that physical death, we know from elsewhere, happened 930 years later.

Well, that enough of a refresher study and with compounded spiritually understandings on top of what we already learned​:pray::pray::pray:. In my Heavenly Father’s will, I hope to continue tomorrow.

AMEN

Paul Aarons

Those are New Testament texts only, BTW.

Actually there are stretches of the Hebrew text that are sufficiently corrupted that they’re effectively gibberish. Of course we have the Septuagint covering those, which may fit your point.

Back to lying as an approach to discussion, I see. It’s not very productive.

You’re aware that the Textus Receptus is a patch job done in a hurry by a ROman Catholic theologian, right?

And while I’m asking –

You’re aware that portions of the Masoretic text are so corrupted that they amount to gibberish, right?

This is nonsense. The phrase “this is the book of the generations of X” is an introduction to a genealogy of descendants when X is a human, or of orderly events when X is something else (e.g. “the heavens and the earth”). That’s clear from the rest of the chapter.

This is also nonsense; there is no basis for it in the text at all.

Same as just above.

No, it shouldn’t. Quite a few Hebrew nouns occur commonly in the Hebrew in plural form but singular meaning, and that includes חַיִּ֑ים (khai-yeem). In this case, the plural is also used for the “tree of life”, where the plural suggests quality, i.e. “real” or “true” life – that should not be translated as “lives”, either. Another example is in Genesis 27:46 where Rebekah tells Isaac “I am weary of my life”; “life” there is the same word, but no one (except perhaps someone arguing for reincarnation) would translate it “I am weary of my lives”.

This has no basis in the text.

“In the image of” was a phrase used back then of idols: an idol/statue in the temple was “in the image of” the deity whose temple it was. It can also be translated “as the image of”, which makes that a bit clearer. So humans being created as the image of God means that we are the “statue(s)” that God put in His own temple (which is all of creation). Since God has no visible form, then being in His image has nothing to do with anything physical.

That’s not in the text, either.

For someone claiming to have knowledge from the Father, you are really, really bad at sticking with what scripture actually says!

2 Likes

“Thus spoke Zarathustra” didn’t seem appropriate.

1 Like

I agree with the quote above. So…

“The last time I checked man’s mind was no longer trustworthy from sin came into the universe.” … “when my Heavenly Father corrected me”

So the quote above itself is showing that it came from untrustworthy man.

But the thing which I don’t understand … when Mr. X say :

Last night God visited me and He spoke to me …

Some hearers (which agree that all men are not trustworthy since Adam’s sin) of the statement above rendered that the speaker now become a trusted man from an untrusted man, because it show that “God personally communicate with Mr. X” in Mr.X sentence.

So then it doesn’t need to have Mr. X to say “I’m now a trusted man” as those hearers already automatically conclude that Mr. X is a trusted man.

The next thing which may happen:
the more Mr.X say which show that “God frequently visited him and talk him” … then in the long run, the more a possibility that in the pov of those hearers: Mr. X is a holy man, etc.

so the thing which made me don’t understand is:
how come there is a hearer who easily believe in someone’s saying (example : “Last night God visited me and He spoke to me …”) ? :thinking:

Good morning Biologos. I woke up early and just sent this study for today to my fellowship group:

SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2024

COMMUNICATIONS WITH
‘CHRISTIAN’ SCIENTISTS ABOUT THE UNKNOWN GAP OF TIME IN THE BIBLICAL CALENDAR-Part 28

Well, God’s gap ended because Adam transgressed and brought sin and its consequent global devastations into the world, including Adam’s own eventual physical death. That sin caused God’s likeness in Adam to die and Adam’s own likeness (spiritual sin nature) was immediately generated (birthed). And, God’s punishment of Adam for his sin showed that physical death was now seeping into Adam’s physical ontology:

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it:…
Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Then, at that point, most remarkably, that very day of the first sin, began the chronogenealogies of Genesis 5, God rolling out time in unbroken fashion (without any gap), during which time, He was no longer at rest, but He was actively working out His magnificent salvation plan which He had conceived before the foundation of the world and which caused Him to do the creation. And the rolling out of time due to sin in the world, God showed starting with the second generation of Adam when he possessed his own likeness, and which generation is the first chronogenealogy, unlike Adam’s first generation, its antecedent, which had no chronology. Well, here is the second generation of Adam in his own likeness:

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Genesis 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
Genesis 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Yes, Adam lived in his second spiritual generation with his own likeness for 930 years, subjected throughout to physical death, even as God emphasized by the last phrase ‘and he died’, with the phrase conditioning the meaning of the entire verse:

Genesis 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

The last phrase ‘and he died’ is there so sheep should not miss that all of the days of Adam’s entire 930 years were lived with him anticipating physical death as he was told at his judgment, on the first day of sin. For Adam was told that he was taken from the dust ground and that he would return to dust.

Thus, the whole 930 years of Adam in his second generation was lived for him to age and to die. But while there was daily time accounting of Adam’s second spiritual generation, there was no time accounting for Adam’s first spiritual generation. Just a reminder.

Yes, God stated ‘days’ above in Genesis 5:5, instead of saying time because He was marking off daily each of the days of Adam’s 930 years, lived in sin. In other words, God began doing His accounting for the time of sin existing in this world and continues to do so until His future appointed day when sin will be eliminated forever and time will be no more.

So Adam lived the entire 930 years with his own likeness (sin resident in his flesh), and passed it on to Seth who then passed it down to the rest of Adam’s posterity throughout time, once a person is conceived by a human father. Thus God saw no need again in the chronogenealogies of Scripture to show any change of Adam’s own likeness in the succeeding generations after Seth since the descendants were all conceived with Adam’s own likeness (sin, in their physical members, Romans 7:23). It means too, that Cain and Abel, who were both born after Adam had his own likeness and after Adam was booted from the Garden in Eden, were born to Adam within the first 130 years of his 930 years’ lifespan, and prior to Seth’s birth because Seth was a replacement son from God to Adam and Eve, after Cain murdered the righteous Abel. But Cain’s and Abel’s lifespans were not relevant to God’s purposes in His rolling out of time due to sin and its consequent judgments and so their lifespans are not mentioned.

For God is the wise Man here, in the first sense of meaning:

Ecclesiastes 8:5 Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man’s heart discerneth both time and judgment.
Ecclesiastes 8:6 Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.

Yes, every purpose of God as a result of sin has a specific time and with sin’s consequent judgment:

Genesis 7:10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

I hope in my Heavenly Father’s will to continue tomorrow.

AMEN

Paul Aarons

Thanks for your input, St.Roymond. I briefly looked at your comments and it’s mostly all your opinions and not Scripture as in Masoretic Text and Textus Receptus. I don’t get involved with textual criticism. My Heavenly Father did not so involve me in the ministry He gave to me. On the plurality of lives I gave one of my sources: the Blue letter Bible:

“ Definition of “Plural”

The plural form of a term refers to two or more of that item.”

Please check that source.

Now as stated in the study there were two other independent sources given to my fellowship group months ago when those daily Bible Studies were written:

Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Thanks once more for your comments

Hello adamjedgar,

My study just now posted for today does show where Cain and Abel fits into the detailed Biblical Chronology.

I am sorry for not responding earlier but as you can tell from my posts I am plenty busy.

Paul Aarons

Hi again adamjedar. I am still learning how to write on the forum the most effective way. I am a dinosaur with technology😂. I type every letter with my index finger one by one😂. Now I just learned a new technology feature. I highlighted the portion of your original message I am interested in addressing and chose copy and then hit reply and voila the highlighted text appears in this new reply box at the very top and in syntax as well. Amazing is technology today compared to the 1990’s when I was writing the detailed Biblical Calendar.

But to address your comment above. Yes, your comment that YEC uses the fact that Eve did not conceive in the Garden in Eden then it automatically means that their stay was short in the Garden. Well, that exactly what (XXX), the world’s leading organization for YEC wrote back to my message to them about a month ago. For I am sure I pointed out that I had been contacting Christian scientists and other large Christian organizations about my gap for months now going back to the beginning of last Summer. Well, I wrote to this particular organization that they failed to consider the punishment of Eve:

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children;

Now back then, I wrote some daily Bible Studies to address the so-called 21 days conception period of Eve which is the maximum period that the particular organization gave to me. Those studies were written to my fellowship group and I started copy those studies into the little window of contact that that particular group allows for messages (perhaps only 500 characters including spaces) and it’s a very tedious exercise for their website takes me through no ends of verifications for me to post my message. Therefore, just this week I wrote a short message to them asking for me to write directly to their lead article writer who wrote the length of stay in the Garden in Eden because he should by now have returned from vacation.

So, you see, I got here on Biologos accidentally in my view but no accident in my Heavenly Father’s foreknowledge as I wrote earlier.

Now if you truly are interested in those studies I wrote to respond to the 21 days maximum stay in the Garden in Eden then I can send them to you privately if this forum allows me to do so by sharing private email. Otherwise, I would not wish to post them in this thread as I want to keep moving forward with writing my daily Bible Studies to get to answering the six days of creation.

Thanks very much

Well, I received a cautioning message earlier from a Biologos moderator about my long posts, especially my daily Bible Studies. Here is the suggestion that was made:

“You may be more effective here by carefully selecting smaller topics or single ideas that don’t make for such long reading, and then allow for conversation and reactions around those before proceeding. Otherwise you will just have a lot of long content that will be ignored by nearly everyone when it is too long to read. Try for the shorter “interest grabber” instead.”

And this was my response to the moderator:

“I will try my best to comply with the rules of your forum. Just let me know when I am out of line.

Thanks,
Paul Aarons”

I can well understand how difficult a task it must be for the moderators to have to read every post from all members and determine which ones are not meeting their guidelines. Well, I am not a rule breaker and I never intended to crash in like I did on this forum. So I will no longer be posting my daily Bible Studies going forward. I will pray to see what alternatives my Heavenly Father may have for me as I make His gap in His calendar known. Of course, if the gap is false and not of God then it would be very helpful for someone to use the Bible alone and prove it wrong utilizing the principle I showed in an earlier post.

But on the matter of shortening my daily Bible Studies, a former fellowship member asked me to do the same about four years ago. He read the ‘Daily Bread’ that came to him daily but he suggested I just list my study in bullet format and he and my readers will understand. So I asked him to take that very study for that day and to summarize it in bullet format without losing salient points and then he was to send it to me. He dropped the subject but he continued to read daily from that point forward for another year until his wife stopped him because she hated God’s election and predestination.

You see my studies are matters hard to be understood just like the writings of my namesake:

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Therefore I labor diligently, with my very limited vocabulary to set forth my teachings of Scripture in the most understandable manner for they come from the infinite mind of my Heavenly Father. Thanks.

Thanks PaulAndrew for all your comments here. I do agree with the commentator who suggested you learn brevity, and maybe just focus on one aspect of the subject you are here to discuss… This always helps.

It always helps to not assume that God (your Heavenly Father) has somehow spoken to you exclusively.

1 Like

RIchard, it would be good to examine the specific verses. You offer one passage and several others are like it, yet a roughly equal number do "visit the sins of the father onto his sons unto the third and fourth generation.
I appears that sinfulness is individual, while apostasy really is generational.

Well taken. Genesis describes Creation in such an abbreviated shorthand that none of it can be considered real fact.

• Earth is a ball with a thin crispy crust of continents surrounded by films of water (seas) hence Day Three did not draw the earth up form the deeps.
  • Earth orbits the nearest star and the moon orbits Earth; thus Day Four cannot have placed the rest of the visible universe beneath the vast waters of Creation (a forever supply of rain) put above the firmament on Day Two.

Rather, verses 1 and 3 declare that God created time, space, matter, and light all at one go.
The age of science has finally gotten around to calling that the big bang. Debate surrounds the age of the universe, but none of it challenges the notion of a point at which time, space, and light (matter would precipitate out later) all began as a singularity. {{ There being no matter at the start, since the energy was too great to permit hydrogen to precipitate out, there was no Black Hole effect. }}
Joel

PS The original Hebrew can be read two different ways, including:

• when God began creating the heavens and the earth
  • the universe at that time was ageless vast featureless water
  • Then God created light and it was {the evening and morning of} the first Day.

At the start of the Seventeenth Century the King James Bible happened to favor the idea later developed by the Age of Science. Creation is of God, hence does not lie and will not mislead those who pay close attention.
:slight_smile:

Genesis cannot be fact. Creation, of God, reveals that its age is counted at more than ten billion years, and that Earth orbits the nearest star (viz: Day Two placing half the ageless Waters of Creation above the firmament yet the rest of the visible universe within that firmament) - if the nearest star sits beneath those waters, then Creation itself lies through its teeth. Ahem.
Earth is a ball with a thin crust of continents and sea beds filled with flimsy waters, hence the earth was not pulled up from the deeps on Day Three.
Genesis is theology, and orients its readers to the Creator.
Or in other words Earth is 4.5 billion years old, the design of the Universe has chemical life as a built-in ability, and evolution performs God’s will perfectly. We, being the result of more than 3.5 billion years of evolution, are the result of a series of forebears every one of which survived and reproduced.
We are the tip of a Tree Of Evolved Life, such that 100.00 percent of our ancestors managed to survive long enough to reproduce, and reproduced. Or in other words all living species, including our own, are pre-programmed to survive and reproduce, come what may.
This, in us who have self-awareness, constitutes failure to value others as ourselves, i.e. born in sinfulness, born in sin.

That’s not in the text, it’s something you’ve invented.

Also not in the text.

This misunderstands the text; “Adam’s first generation” would be his sons.

There’s no such thing in the text.

That’s not in the text, either.

For someone who wants to be answered from scripture only, you don’t do a very good job of sticking to scripture.

I gave very little opinion, I just informed you about the nature of Hebrew, and I pointed out to you that relying on the Masoretic text and Textus Receptus is problematic.

In contrast, you rely heavily on your imagination, inventing things that aren’t in the text at all!

In a very shallow sense, yes, but that applies only poorly to Hebrew. If you want to insist on that, then the Earth was created by a group of gods, and it was a group of gods who did just about everything in the Old Testament times, because אֱלהִים (eh-lo-heem), the word most commonly rendered as “God”, is plural. So if you’re going to insist on sticking with definitions for beginners, you should be consistent and become a polytheist.

That’s an interesting point but not conclusive; all we know is that the first reported children were born after the Garden. Assuming the possibility of children in the Garden is required, and that is a question beyond anything the scripture tells us.

Now there is some serious science fiction!

No, they don’t: your teachings invent things that aren’t in the text, make false conclusions that come from not understanding the text, and rely on your own understanding instead of seeking to learn from people who know more than you do. You claim to follow the text, but you fail repeatedly.
Nothing from the Father would make the errors you make.

Good point – Day Three only works if you assume a flat Earth.

Also a good point! Genesis provides no space for a “water canopy” above the Earth, because the “waters above” are described as being above the stars and sun and moon.

1 Like

Genesis is replete with story that has theological purpose. Peter narrated the salvation of Noah for its theological weight.
Period.
Creation is of God hence does bot lie and cannot mislead if you pay close attention.
Day Two places ageless, vast water above the vault of the sky then Day Four places the sun, moon, and stars within the vault of the sky; yet Earth orbits the nearest star while the moon orbits Earth.
Day Three pulls Earth up from the depths of the waters (the seas) yet Earth is a globe with a thin crust of continents surrounded by films of water (oceans).
Verse 2 supports this reading, appropriate for the original Hebrews (without vowel points! - see below)

• (1) When God began to create the heavens and the earth
  • (2) the universe was a vast body of water, featureless, over which the Spirit hovered
  • (3) Then God said, “Let there be light,” and it was the evening and the morning, the first Day.
    Careful choice of vowel points yields this reading:
  • (1) In the beginning God created time, space, and matter.
  • (2) {{ grandfathers in the prior pagan cosmology }}
  • (3) God created light, such that Creation of time, space, matter, and light happened all at one go.

Or in other words, Creation (and the King James Version) support this second, much more specific reading. The Age of Science calls verses 1 and 3 the big bang. Does Genesis contain science? Yes it does, but only in those two verses. No other part of the first ten chapters and ten verses of Genesis (i.e. up to and including the Tower of Babel) connects with the universe God made in any smallest detail. For instance the Tower represents the vast diversity of human speech patterns, and the uniqueness of God’s relationship to His chosen People Israel.
There was no worldwide flood; instead a historical flood that covered all of Mesopotamia, most likely in 2906 BCE, made its way into pagan legends. The gods fed off the smoke of sacrificial fires, hence came up with droids (us) to take over that hard work. We bred too fast, and our noise kept them from thinking and sleeping. The Flood was to perform genocide (of course it had to fail.)
God’s Flood was to kill all pagans.
The pagan legend had the gods introduce disease and famine to keep our numbers in check primarily because the Flood had backfired on them.
God’s solution was to endure apostasy, that being less painful than witnessing the simultaneous death throes of so many Children,

Genesis tells us about the Creator, as holy, all-creating, intentional, and caring. Why? The point was to do a slam-dunk on the pagan theology of many gods, individually killable, no foresight, promiscuous, and generally lacking any truly redeeming quality.

Genesis is theology. Start there.

1 Like