The Age of the Earth is unknown from the Bible

The reason I am writing is that for over three decades I have researched and written my own detailed Biblical Calendar. The initial format was like every calendar that humans have written using the Bible only. Therefore my initial calendar purported to show a year for the creation. However, around 2007, my Heavenly Father who had caused me to harmonize and reconcile every historical time reference (greater than a few days)in His Scripture, including those in the Book of Acts, and to chart them in my detailed Biblical Calendar, made me do one correction back then. This was to include His gap in time which lasted from the end of the 6th day of creation until the day before Adam sinned and was booted from the Garden in Eden. Then began from the day of sin, Adam’s 930 years lifespan lived subject to physical death which was temporary punishment due to his first sin. Well, since God, by His gap, did not give us the year of creation then man will never know it either by historical scientific means since there were no human scientists there at the creation to observe and tell us when it was and there was no decay and age anywhere in the that pristine universe until sin occurred and the waxing old as a garment began. So even although solar days were happening while Adam was in the Garden in Eden, he was not aging or decaying, he was then ageless just like his Creator!

Now I have since last year been reaching out to many Christian Scientists and notable Christian Organizations and showing them my gap and asking for their Biblical proofs to say there is no gap or to show that they still know the creation year after knowing about my gap. But, alas, the few who have responded have not been able to refute my gap, Biblically with their rebuttals. If they prove my gap wrong from the Bible only, then I will readily bow to the Bible and recant my gap position. Now here is where my Heavenly Father shows His gap (my gap) which Christians (including myself initially) in their hurry to just add up ages completely ignored:

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Yes, the above Passage shows Adam created without sin in God’s likeness and God’s image is not mentioned as in Genesis 1. But this first of the many generations (genealogies) of Genesis 5, shows no age of how long Adam had God’s likeness and that’s because age only matters when sin is present leading to physical death. But then immediately after, when sin had occurred, God gives His contrasting second generation (a chrono-genealogy) on this occasion with age:

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Genesis 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: Genesis 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Yes, Adam lived his first 130 years after his first sin having his own likeness, but having lost God’s likeness at his first sin. And Adam passed on his own likeness with sin to Seth who was born in Adam’s likeness and not God’s likeness, when Adam was 130 years of age, lived subjected to physical death. God had no need thereafter to show the change of God’s likeness to Adam’s own likeness with sin because only at creation can man obtain God’s likeness without sin. Every human born of an earthly human father is born with Adam’s own likeness with sin. It’s only when a human is regenerated in soul, at the point of salvation, that that new creation within, is created after God in God’s own likeness so that the new creation (new man) cannot sin.

But all the remaining chronogenealogies of Genesis 5 were lived subject to sin and its consequence of physical death, just as Adam’s 930 years. Anyone who claims that Adam’s 930 years started at the sixth day of creation is also claiming, unknowingly (I hope), that God created Adam a sinner with his own likeness such that Adam sinned from the moment he came from the hands of God. And thus Adam’s lifespan of 930 years started on the sixth day of the creation. Plus, making such a claim means that because God created Adam in God’s likeness then God’s likeness is the very same in essence with Adam’s own likeness with sin. What an abominable thought!

What are your thoughts after reading the above?

You know the truth is I jumped on this forum by accident😂. But I have posted the same discussions to many other Christian organizations and waiting for responses for months.

1 Like

God gave us a mind that allowed us to determine, by scientific means, the age of the earth and the universe. So this information actually comes from God. And prior to sin there was decay unless God changed the rules that govern the universe which isn’t in the Bible and would require a miracle that serves no purpose but to make your ideas work.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your response. The last time I checked man’s mind was no longer trustworthy from sin came into the universe. I am looking for a Bible-based response. Thanks very much.
Paul Aarons

So how do you trust what your mind tells you when you read the Bible.

3 Likes

I love this response:

“How does Paul Aarons know what his mind tells him when Paul Aarons reads the Bible?

Again, here is the answer I am now given:

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

I showed in my first post that God’s gap was shown to me by the Holy Spirit after I had put together all the historical time references in Scripture and I presumed from that original calendar to know the year of the creation. But when the Holy Spirit in me showed His gap, I bowed and adjusted my calendar.

I am only here because I was sent here for I was going about deleting my account after the moderator bounced my first post but Grace was given to persevere. Thanks very much

But you can’t trust that it came from the Holy Spirit because man’s mind is no longer trustworthy (according to your thesis). In fact, you can’t even trust scripture because that came from the minds of men after sin entered the world.

2 Likes

Well that untrustworthy mind must be at work. The context for 19-20 is “But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues”. Don’t think you have been scourged.

I think the verse you are looking for is Matthew 7:6.

1 Like

Thanks again for your latest comments. However, pertaining to your statement:

“In fact, you can’t even trust scripture because that came from the minds of men after sin entered the world.”

This is what the Holy Scripture states of its own origination:

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private (PERSONAL) interpretation.
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will (DESIRE) of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I was made by the Holy Spirit to believe:

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Hence, I never quote fallible men when writing God’s truths but always only quote Scripture. For I am made to be a follower of my Saviour, Jesus Christ, who in Matthew 4, when He was tempted by Satan, His response to each temptation was to resort to the Scriptures with “It is written.”

1. Mr. X say: "God say to me … "
  2. Group Y the hearer conclude “then Mr.X is a holy man, a prophet”
  3. Mr.X write Z
  4. Group Y conclude “then Z is a scripture”.

Please cmiiw.

1 Like

Sin cannot be transmitted. It has no form. There is no such thing s Original Sin. Scripture itself confirms that sin cannot be passed from father to so

You shall no longer say. or fathers ate sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on edge. (Jeremiah and Ezekiel, I trust you do not need the specific verses)

This your second error.

The Bible is not an authority on Science. Your position is the same as the Scientist who states

You can only refute a scientific theory with science.(@jammycakes et al)

IOW the Bible is not the ultimate authority on creation or the world that God made. Science is God’s way of showing us. Science and the Bible are not at war. You do not have to cling to a Biblical timeline and ignore scientific proof to the contrary.

Richard

2 Likes
  • So sprachen die Judaisten.

Thanks for all the above comments. I am simply showing what’s written in Scripture patterning Jesus Christ in his temptations by Satan over forty days in the wilderness. When after every temptation, Jesus Christ took Satan back to the Scripture by saying ‘It is written.’ I am made to be like my namesake in this manner:

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Christ Jesus then is my ultimate Pattern.

Transmission of sin through succeeding generations as written:

Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Hi Richard,

Thanks very much for your comments. I understand your paradigm. But my paradigm is shaped by my Heavenly Father’s Word, the Bible! So we will definitely have different authorities.

Paul Aarons

Yes, I know my gap in the Biblical Calendar is offensive to all groups within Christendom by whatever classifications they contrived for calling themselves to differentiate themselves. Yes, my gap is new to them all, and is stirring controversy in every place. But with time, those who are Christ’s will come and bow to Christ, like I was made to do, almost two decades ago, and I inserted God’s gap in my detailed Biblical Calendar. Thanks to you all for your comments.

Setting Scripture against Scripture is never a good idea.

By my calculation both Jeremiah and Ezekiel succeed Moses by several hundred years. So, the phrase “you will no longer” would seem to be significant.

I doubt that you do.

The Bible is the basis of my faith. But I do not confuse faith with science…

Richard

This is what I quoted:

Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

I do not find the above to be pitting Scripture against Scripture as is claimed. Thanks so very much.

I am going to be on a very long flight today a driving as well. I may not respond to any other comments until overnight. Have a good and safe day, all.

Paul Aarons

Given your “gap” appears to be based on a personal special revelation from God I am not surprised you are not getting much buy in. Special revelation is generally believed to be closed with the writing of the NT. Unless you are a member of some special group that shall not be named.

• So what?
  • Jeremiah 17:5 Thus says the Lord,
    “Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
    And makes flesh his [c]strength,
    And whose heart turns away from the Lord.
    6 “For he will be like a bush in the desert
    And will not see when prosperity comes,
    But will live in stony wastes in the wilderness,
    A land of salt without inhabitant.
    7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
    And whose trust is the Lord.
    8 “For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
    That extends its roots by a stream
    And will not fear when the heat comes;
    But its leaves will be green,
    And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
    Nor cease to yield fruit.