Technical question about how the forum works .. is this the right place for it?

If not I won’t mind in the least if some kindly mod will erase this topic.

I was exploring what comes up when I click my avatar I get a page that has the headings: Summary; Activity; Notifications: Messages and so on across the top. When the Activity heading is highlighted there is a drop down menu on the left side of the page with headings: Topics; Replies; Likes Given; Bookmarks; Solved; and Download All.

So there is a check mark next to “Solved” and when I click that I get the message “You have no accepted solutions yet.” It is bugging me that I can’t figure out what solutions those might be. I’m guessing that is some kind of programmer lingo regarding matters both over my head and of no interest.

Well that was a whole lot of writing for a matter of little import. :thinking: But I was a little curious. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ll give this a stab as a newbie mod here, but then await confirmation or correction from more experienced mods as necessary.

My guess is that the ‘solved’ designation is for a typical “here’s my problem, can somebody tell me what to do” forum. The original poster posts in the hopes that other forum participants or expert authorities will eventually provide a successful solution or answer for the original presenter’s challenge. And then somebody (presumably the original presenter) would have the option of designating their problem as ‘solved’ (and awarding the ‘solved’ designation to the poster’s answer that was the successful one.)

Biologos deals with much higher and more difficult questions than the “how do I change my headlight in my Winnebago” variety. And so such designations are probably not as appropriate here, and so might be called a “vestigial” software capability in this instance? :wink:

At least that’s my best guess. Other mods?

2 Likes

I think you are correct, Mervin. There are a lot of features in the software that are really not used on this particular forum.

2 Likes

That makes sense to me. I guess that means I now have one problem solved. :wink: Thanks.

1 Like