Teaching the logic of religion

I am a confirmed lutheran very much going by these 90
Diese äußerst peinlichen Einwände der Laien nur mit Gewalt zu unterdrücken und nicht durch vernünftige Gegenargumente zu beseitigen heißt, die Kirche und den Papst dem Gelächter der Feinde auszusetzen und die Christenheit unglücklich zu machen.
What makes a God in your eyes? To be all powerful with the ability to create miracles by breaking your own laws or the ability to make laws. A God that is seen as God by breaking the rules he made himself is an impotent God as we have plenty of people on earth that fail to follow their own rules. To do so is irrational and only the fool wants a God that is irrational so he can get his irrational wishes fulfilled.

If your God needs a magic wand to fix his reality you may as well teach Harry Potter under Religion of make belief.
I told you I am no ordinary Christian, but by what measure do you standardise them to be “true”? If I tell you that he was raised from the dead means that he became part of God and not another self again you may struggle to follow but in being a self apart from God lies your mortality. If you do not learn to let go of your self you will not be able to enter into the presence of God to be raised into the everlasting life, the will that moves all energy and matter.
Are you a materialist?

by the way if you agree that I make people run away from my brand of thought you may help me to make them sound less frightening to you so tell me about your fears I invoke other than telling you that you have to let go of your material self willingly to come to everlasting life. Jesus had authority over death by the simple fact of not demanding authority over it. All our western culture is still build on the fear of death as we have not learned from Jesus.

As Haegar said in the Dick Brown cartoon
"The secret of happiness is to be satisfied with what you have got." only then to tell Hamlet “So make sure you got enough in time”:smile:

thanks for helping me out. As you have noticed - I would like to know what I am myself and what makes people frightened of my thoughts. there is perhaps nothing worse than trying to explain how I understand a loving God but seem to frighten people with my understanding. God is a frightening concept for sure if it involves having to justify yourself but what do I say that would frighten people? That there is no magic of that the everlasting life is not a materialistic one?

I think I must have missed an important post or two …

Can you state in a sentence who was frightened? (Atheist, Creationist, a member of a specific denomination)

And what it was you said/wrote that triggered that reaction?

George

@Henry

I’ve edited your post and deleted another. Please refer to the forum guidelines: FAQ/Guidelines

We are to assume legitimate Christian faith on the part of other commenters unless they identify otherwise. This is not the place for making judgments about who is a true Christian and who is not.

1 Like

@marvin
Please try to avoid negatively categorizing entire groups of people based on their beliefs. You are free to reject belief in miracles, but there are ways to do so without including backhanded insults directed at those who don’t reject them.

Yes my wife is a phenomenal cook especially at Christmas time. Regarding me teaching Religion class, well I actually do touch on religious fanaticism in the Homeland Security Classes that I teach.

I was referring to circumcision. Try convincing an adult male to do that. :grinning:

I have no idea what’s happening on this thread anymore. I’m closing it. Start a new thread if you want to continue the conversation, with a clearly defined topic of conversation.

3 Likes